Anonymous

Why is it that the same people who smoke pot are the same people who have tatoos and piercings?

Favorite Answer

I guess alot of people think this way, but you are SOO wrong, I have piercings and a tattoo, and I would not touch drugs,I don't even drink, the strongest thing I drink is my coffee...........

Source(s): myself..

Wow- that's a stereotype.

Many more people than you'd ever suspect smoke pot - you're just buying into propaganda. Old ladies and men with glaucoma smoke pot. Doctors, lawyers, all kinds of professionals smoke pot, people who would never consider a tattoo smoke pot. People in the 1900s smoked pot - did they all have tattoos and piercings too?

No, I don't smoke pot - I'm highly allergic to it.

I guess Metal-heads are druggies and nothings too...eh? I think someone needs to turn off the t.v., dvd or vcr and get out of the house for a reality check. I know a lot of people who do pot and have not one tattoo, who have their whole bodies covered in tats and never even been in the same room as a pot head. Stereotyping is as bad as racism. As for the metal-heads...a good friend of mine who is also my ex was a strait A student all through high school, is still a metal-head and has never tried a drug, outside of prescriptions, in his life. Kinda makes you want to think before you say anything...doesn't it???

• ?

How limited and small is your exposure to people. The tattoed and pierced are certainly not the only pot smokers, their just the ones who advertise it...

I myself smoke profusely and no one ever suspects it from me. I have been pulled over with roaches in the ashtray and never even broke a sweat. I just smiled and looked innocent, got off with a warning.

Please, dont judge books by their covers, and dont assume the only drug addicts are the obvious ones. Most of us are right next to you, everywhere you go...

That's total stereo-typing...A lot of people who smoke pot have tattoos and piercings, but a lot of people who have tattoos and piercings don't smoke pot, too.

People who do one risky, socially non-conforming thing are likely to do other risky, non-conforming things. This applies to all kinds of risky, non-conforming things.

But your question is based on a wrong assumption. There are lots of people -- the majority -- who don't meet that stereotype. This is just your impression based on what you can see. If someone is wearing a three-piece suit and carrying a briefcase you probably wouldn't think that they smoke pot. But lots of them do.

I wouldn't say that your statement is true. There are many people who have tattoos/piercings that don't smoke pot or do other drugs.

i have a few piercings toungue n navel and have a large tatoo on the bottom of my back I DO NOT SMOKE. i know people who do smoke and they have disabilities that when they smoke it help relieve pain ie MS, spina bifida and they have no tattoos or piercings

Well I have tattoos and I am pierced. I have friends that do as well. Also posted before many people here as well... and I, my friends, and many previous posters (by what they say) haven't done pot or other drugs.

I find your statement very degrading and closed minded.

Many people who smoke marijuana are not tattooed and pierced. Michael Bloomberg, the mayor of NYC, has admitted to smoking marijuana, and appeared in an ad campaign for NORML. The founder of Progressive Insurance, one of the most successful insurance companies today, publicly supports marijuana reform organizations, and has been arrested for possession of marijuana.