? asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

do i need these 2 things on my computer?

Dell media jukebox driver or Dell media experience? i dont' ever use these or play dvds on my computer or anything. they're just taking up space. if i uninstall them will it affect how my computer plays videos on websites?

Favorite Answer

Both are crap Dell probably put on there and called it bundled software. Probably just using memory and HD space. Delete. But if you want to be super careful, make a system restore point.

A driver is a small piece of software between a program and the hardware. I suspect if you remove the driver you'll have problems with something like your DVD player, sound card, or graphics card.

Media Experience sounds like a program and if you remove a program without removing anything else you should be OK, but be careful if it asks if you want to remove any shared or unknown files; just say no as they may disable something you do use.

Good Luck and Happy New Year!

No you don't need them. Sometimes these pre-installed programs are difficult to fully remove. Do a search for a program called PC-De-Crapifier. The man who wrote it did it to clean stuff off of his Dell. It will take off the junk you don't need. It might be on the PC World Downloads page.

Source(s): me

1 no it wont affect your pc at all.

2 theres a low possibility of it happening and if it does happen just go thru your Internet properties and change your settings for what media player you use for viewing online content.

Source(s): i have a dell 2400 desktop so i know what you mean it will work.

Those don't sound like main system files to me. If they are, which i highly doubt it, your computer will let you know.

No. If you don't use them there is no need of having them. Also they don't cause any problem to your web browsing

I don't think that you need them.It shouldn't cause any problems to uninstall.

no,

if you have windows media player of realplayer you'll be fine deleting those

Get rid of them.

• Dyan

If you don't need it, take it off.