I'm confused about snorkeling in Cozumel?

All I hear is snorkeling in Cozumel is the best. After researching I've concluded that: Colombia Shallows, Chankanab, Paraiso Reef, The Junk Yard, and Palancar Reef are decent for snorkeling. Am I missing any???? Another dillema: Since I'm bringing my own mask and fins, can I hop into the water and snorkel these destinations? But from my research I think I have to join an expensive tour and get boated to a snorkel destination... What's the deal??? Well, if I were to pick a tour group, I've concluded that Aldora, Equalizers, and Scuba Du are decent. Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance.

• Robb
    Favorite Answer

I LOVE snorkeling Cozumel. You don't have to spend an arm and a leg going to the reefs. Some places you can swim out to others, you will need to hitch a ride. Check out prices when you get there. You will pay a premium for places that advertise online... There is always a better deal around the corner.

Most of the hotels have decent snorkeling right on-site, even if the hotels beaches are the greatest, usually the snorkeling is fine just about everywhere. Chankanaab is faily inexpensive compared to an excursion/tour AND you can snorkel at this park all day if you want for like10 bucks. Be careful if you go out on you own on the Eastern coast of the island--there are dangerous currents in some places!

Source(s): Been there multiple times specifically to snorkel

Boat excursions are not expensive and are worth it for your safety. As you snorkel off the coast of Cozumel, the current will take you along the coast. The boat follows your group as you drift.

it is not probable that costly, yet lots of the perfect snorkeling sites require to bypass there with the aid of boat. the different determination is to bypass around after renting a automobile and finding open seashores. My propose, believe the locals and bypass with the aid of boat.

cozumel is beatufil,

snoker is the maxin

sorry mi english

• Shelby

im not sure.. but snorking is a must,, i loved it the water is beautiful.. blueist water ive ever seen!