matt
matt asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Who is your fav NFL team?

are you a true fan or r u just one of those freaken posers?

• John C
    Favorite Answer

though i am from detroit, i have never been a fan of detroit football,, im 36,, my first glimpse of a superbowl and really getting into sports, was in 1976 -77 and watching the cowboys steelers superbowls, got me to be a big fan of the steelers and have followed them ever since,, i have a beer can from pittsburgh my cousin sent me while living there w/ the whole 1979 team on it and its in mint condition,, never shaped, layed flat i have it preserved, i had the luxury of bowling in a league w/ a famous steelers players mother for six years, and got to know him pretty good, and did alot of bowling w/ he and his brother during his off seasons,, nicest guy youll ever meet,, cant say his name due to yahoo regs,, just lets say hes from detroit and wore the #36 ,,, if you know sports you know who im talkin about,,

and no im no bandwaggon rider,,i had to endure the sucky teams in the 80s ,which still tried to stay competitive,, but bubby brister, mike tomczak , and some of the others, neil odonnell, to name another didnt cut the mustard, cordell stewart shoulda stayed a receiver for them,, woulda been better off,, only real plus in 80s may have been running back merrill hodge,, now an ESPN football commentator,,, my favorite player for the steelers would be LC Greenwood, and my all time favorite Jack Lambert,,, " boy did he have like the most inviting smile or what!!!! LOLOLOL ", but hed knock your block off in a second !!!

Source(s): i hope to attend a few games next year,, its just hard to do alot of traveling, when you have a kid whos disabled and lives on life support equipment 24/7/365 to breathe for them,,, but its all good nice question,,

I have always been and always will be a Detroit Lions fan. Just like I'm a Tigers, Pistons, and Red Wings fan as well. I will always wear their colors and support my team. Being a true fan is not about who has the best team from one year to the next, it's about laughing at teams like the Cowboys who lose to my 3-13 Lions at home and lose the NFC East championship. I scoff at all other fans who do not stick to one team their entire life. Band wagon hypocrits, all of them...

Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

And I'm definitely a true fan, I suffered through all those 2-14 seasons in the mid-80's, and the horrible orange uniforms too.

Philadelphia Eagles

I love my San Francisco 49ers. We are on the uprising again, so watch out. They have been terrible since Steve Young got hurt, but we've got Alex Smith, another quarterback from the great state of Utah, so we will be back in the big game eventually

Ravens! Going to the Super Bowl! Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Chris McAlister, Adalius Thomas, T-Siz, Todd Heap, Jonathan Ogden, I could go on. 13-3! Can't wait for the playoffs, and I hope I can go.

TRUE Tennessee Titans Fans.

da Bears

wierd loss today but playoffs start in a couple of weeks. I'm not a poser, i'll be watching them until their season is over, and even then i'll stick with my team.

The New York footballing Giants.

I have been a Steelers fan since I was 7. Win or lose, I'll always wear the Black and Gold!