Petition for better MAC version of YIM!?

Hey all!

I like my YIM for mac Beta version okay. But in one of the older YIM for MACs versions you could use Color & Fonts. And you can't in the Beta. Stealth Settings but not Colors & fonts.

I used to use Windows so I had YIM for windows, which had:

Stealth settings

Color & Fonts

Calls

Games

Picture Sharing

IMvironment

etc, etc, etc.

I REALLY miss these fetures! And I figure if the-powers-that-be at Yahoo! DON'T get nagged, we'll NEVER get these feautres.

So.... I ask, that you addapt some of the letter below I sent, (or copy it) and send them emails asking for these features!

Thanks,

Tree~

" Hi there.

My Yahoo! Messenger is working wonderfully. So I don't have any problems.

Stealth settings, Color & Fonts, Calls, Games, Picture Sharing, IMvoriment, etc.

I REALLY miss these fetures! And I figure if you don't have feedback you can't make improvements to your program.

So, I'm writing you to ask for these features in future versions of Yahoo! Instant Messenger for MAC's. PLEASE!!!

Thank you very very much!

Tree~ "

Favorite Answer

You have a lot of requests so I'll just go over (most):

Stealth settings - Already in the beta

Color & Fonts - Already in the beta. You can both change your own (press Cmd-T to open the font selection dialog) and change others in the messaging prefs

Calls - Coming in the next beta, this is in the release notes for the first beta

Games - Won't bother, will eventually let people use plugins to do this kind of stuff

Picture Sharing - Won't bother, will eventually let people use plugins to do this kind of stuff

IMvironment - Nowhere near enough requests right now so we don't have resources to do this

We're a very small programming team so we can only pick the things that matter the most, and what we can't do we'll have to let people do for us via plugins so most of the "built-in" features don't make sense for us to adopt because it would clutter up the client like the windows client has become.

Source(s): I program Yahoo! Messenger for Mac