Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysOther - Holidays · 1 decade ago

fireworks on new years?

is it legal in california, to set off fireworks that you bought during the 4th of july, for new years? at midnight of course, and they are legal.

Favorite Answer

It's illegal here in Pennsylvania but it gets so out of hand that the police will only stop if they're nearby. And then they won't bother ticketing you, they'll only tell you to keep the trash that falls on your own property. Or that it's getting late and you should knock it off. If you bought legal fireworks for your area, go ahead and shoot them off. They can only get you for disturbing the peace, and that isn't likely at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve. They can't be a million places at once.

It depends on where you live. I believe it is not legal in San Jose and Fremont. But you have a good question--If you bought your fireworks in a safe and sane booth in your city for the 4th of July can you still use them? I don't see why it would be illegal at one time but not another unless the fireworks get old and dangerous. One time my friends set them off and than we ran into the house when a car came but it's illegal in San Ho.

final 365 days my bro and that i bought loads of fountains, novelties, etc because of the fact all others are unlawful. yet yeah, we don't have too plenty money to throw around for fireworks. i had to bypass out of state to get some & convey them back homestead, yet I ought to have planned in the past & now i'm no longer able to

• I live in Oklahoma, at midnight my across the street neighbors did it, and scared my cats, but no police, so it must not be too illegal

i dont think you would get in serious trouble for that and they would have to give you a warning first or you can check with a local police station on the details

i think all fireworks set off by people should be banned. i hate that noise. celebrate elsewhere where i cant hear it.

Source(s): common sense
  • mo

I don't know but Happy New Year

• Me

they do it every where else ,wether it is legal or not

i have no idea really...

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!