Can EZPass work in other states such as Georgia or Florida? What would happen if it didn't work?

Ok, usually, when you pass the tolls on the highways and turnpikes and such in Delaware, New Jersey, and New York (and maybe some other states, I dont know), you have the option of an EZPass that makes things go quicker, right? Say you head down south to Florida, where they use... (correct me if I'm wrong) the SunPass, what would happen if you went through the toll plaza in Florida with the EZPass instead of a SunPass? (okay, you can use other states too...)

Favorite Answer

The EZ pass will not work in FL or GA. It does work on most toll facilities in the ME, NH ,MA, NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD, VA, WV, and in IL.

This link will show you where EZ pass is accepted. http://www.ezpass.com/static/info/facilities.shtml

If you go through a non EZ pass toll, and do not pay the toll, it is considered to be running the toll booth and you will be billed for the toll and a fine!!

Source(s): 27 years in the auto business

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Ok, usually, when you pass the tolls on the highways and turnpikes and such in Delaware, New Jersey, and New York (and maybe some other states, I dont know), you have the option of an EZPass that makes things go quicker, right? Say you head down south to Florida, where they use... (correct me if...

Source(s): ezpass work states georgia florida happen didn 39 work: https://shortly.im/k768W

Many of the EZPASS systems are interchangeable but I can't vouch for every single state. I can vouch for the Northeast where I live and all the way down to Georgia travelling 95 South.

If your system doesnt work then the camera will take pictures of your car/license plate and mail you a ticket.

Edit:

Please follow that person's advice. I have driven TO Georgia many times but not THROUGH Georgia, so never encountered any tolls there.

Ezpass States

From what I understand if you go through the toll that doesn't recognize the pass that you are using you'll get a ticket. Like here in IL we have I-Pass. If I don't see a sign saying I-Pass lane then I know I need to go through the cash lanes to pay the toll otherwise I'll be mailed a ticket.

Personally, I'd rather pay for it now then later with a ticket.

Ez Pass States

Being a resident of Georgia, the EZPass system does not work here.

The folks that issued your pass should be able to tell you where else it will work. Check their website.