help973 asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

im not fat, but my tummy's big... what should i do, any simple workout best for abs, im working mom..HELP!

• Nocine
    Favorite Answer

Don't worry about your tummy. Big is still beautiful. Happy New Year! :) or soft tummies are still very womanly.

Edited (Added) on 1/3/07:

You may have to find out if there's something you are eatting that seems to attach itself to that area. Some women carry extra calories, etc, in their thighs or hips or middle. Try not to eat too much high carb foods like biscuits -refridgerated ones, (actually I don't eat them at all cuz there's soo many better choices!) etc. And make sure your sweets are a small fraction of your daily allowance as the food pyramid shows. That & around a 25-30 minute workout a good few times a week plus toning exercises will help. If the toning exercises start to hurt, I'd stop. You want to tone those areas not define or make buldge. Good luck if that's what you want. I know some gals that don't have tight or flat tummies & they look good, too! You can always find flattering clothes no matter your size/shape. And softness is very womanly, too. Guys like all body types. Most importantly, I've heard they like a gals confidence & how they carry themselves is said to be very appealing. Have you seen some plus size models? I know you say you are not big, but you say you have a big tummy... their's isn't exactly flat & still attractive. Be comfortable & happy in your own skin while you eat mostly :) healthy & add a little workout routine to your week. I bet you have other great features, (& I don't think a big tummy is a bad feature). You may not be looking at the whole picture. Try not to be overly critical & be happy!

P.S. If you still wanna try to slim your tummy, I suggest a healthy cereal in the AMs & yogurt for a snack once in a while! I also eat a very small portion of meat. Don't know if that helps. I don't agree with the carb-free diet where you load up on meat as that's always been a smaller portion of the food pyramid & the excess fat from meat is not heart healthy. Try to eat only 100% whole wheat bread & whole grain cereals like Cheerios, Shredded Wheat, even the Marshmellow Maties are pretty good cuz it has that whole oat. Try to limit cheese, swap a good margarine for butter or try oleo for butter in baking.... Koolaid instead of pop. Alot of times you need to reduce calories & fat to get rid of the excess fat you may be carrying somewhere. Watch labels for high fructose corn syrup. You can usually find a brand that doesn't have it. Example, my husband likes canned peaches or fruit meddley on cottage cheese... some brands may have high fructose corn syrup instead of plain corn syrup. Also watch out for partially hydrogenated veg oil. Mostly, if you just reduce portion sizes & eat more smaller meals instead of a couple big ones, that will help your metabolism. Remember that long sedentary periods will make your metabolism drop. -that should be reserved for sleeping! Be carefull about watching many movies or tv shows back to back. Try to break it up & do something physical in between! Also, listen to your body. When your tummy starts to feel uncomfortable, hurt, or feel like it's stretching while you are eatting or drinking, this is the definite time to stop! Put the rest of the leftovers from your plate in a container in the fridge for later. Or put seran wrap over the plate & heat it up later when you get hungry or it's time for a snack. Keeping tummy muscles stretched defeats trying to tighten them up. A tummy doesn't always have to have food or drink in it. Snacking or grazing too much will keep tummy filled up & out there! Activity level & metabolism rate are good indicators of how much you need to consume in one day. Best wishes to you & I hope there's something helpful here! {hug}

I also like to have meatless speghetti almost once/week. Tomatoe based dishes are very good for you!

Also, fish is good for you to have occassionally. If you don't like the taste of tuna, try my Spicy Tuna recipe (it doesn't really have much of a tuna flavor): 1 can of tuna in spring water (drained well), 2 Tablespoons mayo, 1/2 teaspoon lime juice, 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro -crushed (grinded up between your palms). Mix well & roll up in a potatoe Lefsa, eat in a whole wheat pita bread, on wheat thins, or just whole wheat bread. Serves 2. Double recipe for more! :)

Also another quick, frugal, good meal is: Medium saucepan add can of undrained peas or corn, and enough water to boil 2 packages of ramen noodles in. Bring to boil. Boil a couple minutes then add the two packets of ramen noodles (I like to break the noodle breaks into quarters before cooking). Use just the noodles only, not the seasoning packet yet. Cook 3-4 minutes til noodles are al dente. Drain in colander. Return to pan & add margerine, one packet of seasoning or a little more of the other one if you like spicy. (I always just get and use chicken ramen), salt & pepper & little parmasean cheese. Yum! :)

Yes, ab workouts will help you tone your stomache but to lose your "tummy" you need to lose weight.

The easiest way to do so would be at least a cardio regiment that could get you to lose 250 calories a day ( if you could do weight training it would be even better ) and at the same time cut your caloric intake 250 calories. Doing so will have you losing 3500 calories a week meaning you will be losing close to a pound ( a pound of fat is 3600calories ) of actual fat a week.

Losing more then 2lbs of fat a week is unhealthy unless of course you are overweight then you may lose alittle more but really 4lbs is pushing it.

To get an idea of what you eat in calories do a 3day or 7day right down of EVERYTHING that you put in your mouth rather its gum, a certs, a tic tac. Right down what you ate the the calories that were in it and if possible the fat, proteitn, and carbs.

Remember to include liquids as well seeing as a 12oz pop has close 300calories and a shot vodka has 60 calories. This is all EXTREMELY important to determine how well you are eating as well as helping you lose your "tummy"

Remember that exercise and proper nutrition go hand and hand

Good Luck

This is a common problem. People can be thin and have a big belly and it is not caused by bodyfat. Ab exercises tone the muscles once you get rid of that weight. See site below for secret trick that models and dancers use to flatten their tummies before an event under QUICKEST WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT. I am thin and used to have a big belly but no longer.

http://www.phifoundation.org

1 . Do ab crunches.

2. do yoga- Manduk asana- fro 10 min. each day.

WHILE PERFORMING THIS ASANA, THE BODY TAKES THE SHAPE OF A FROG. SO THIS ASANA IS CALLED MANDUKASANA. TECHNIQUE: TAKE THE LEGS BACKWARDS. LET THE FEET TOUCH EACH OTHER. STRETCH THE KNEES ON BOTH SIDES. REST THE HANDS AS SHOWN IN THE FIGURE. KEEP THE KNEES AS APART AS POSSIBLE. KEEP THE TRUNK STRAIGHT. LOOK STRAIGHT AND BREATHE NORMALLY. REMAIN IN THIS POSITION FOR EIGHT TO TWELVE SECONDS. PERFORM THIS ASAN TWICE IN THE FIRST WEEK. LATER, PRACTICE THIS ASANA FOUR TIMES. ADVANTAGES: (1) THIS ASANA IS EFFECTIVE IN REDUCING THE WEIGHT OF THE THIGHS, HIPS AND THE ABDOMEN. (2) THIS ASANA STRENGTHENS THE LOWER PARTS OF THE LOINS. (3) THIS ASANA INCREASES SEXUAL ABILITY. IT REMOVES THE DEFECTS OF THE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM OF WOMEN. (4) THIS ASANA STIMULATES THE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM. (5) THE BENEFITS WHICH PADMASANA GIVES CAN BE OBTAINED FROM THIS ASANA ALSO.

instructions and illustrations are at url .

http://www.scienceoflife.com/users/YogaAsan.aspx?d...

do consult your doctor before stating the exercises.

It is not possible to "spot" reduce just your tummy area. The only way to loose the tummy is to take in less calories than you burn.

Any aerobic activity will help--walking, running, biking....

Weight lifting will also help and has the added benefit of making you burn extra calories during the recovery period---while the muscle is repairing and building.

All you need to do is spend 3-4 hours a week involved in one of those activities and you will both lose the tummy and improve your overall health.

Source(s): me
  • m c

Tone your stomach, exercise stomach tone, ways to tone up stomach ...Best exercise to tone stomach muscles and lose fat from abdominals. ... this ensures the stomach muscles wont get too big or increase waist size. ...

www.weightlossforall.com/exercises-tone-stomach.htm - 17k - Cached - Similar pages

Ab exercises, abs, training, exercise, abdominals, workout ...Try the key exercises in this 15-minute stomach-firming routine to help you ... is no other body part that makes as big an impact as a sexy, flat stomach. ...

www.hydroxycut.com/WOMEN/WORKOUT/BIKINI_READY_STOMACH/index.shtml - 32k - Cached - Similar pages

Developing a Lean StomachDeveloping a Lean Stomach, Article by body builder Tom Venuto. ... A complete program should always include aerobic exercise and weight training for every ...

www.healthrecipes.com/stomach.htm - 39k - Cached - Similar pages

How Your Big Stomach Is Breaking Your Heart, LiterallyEven if the rest of your body is normal, if you have a big stomach you are at an ... Regular exercise will help you maintain your weight, lower cholesterol, ...

ezinearticles.com/?How-Your-Big-Stomach-Is-Breaking-Your-Heart,-Literally&id=253220 - 29k - Cached - Similar pages

I have a friend who had this same complaint. Her chriropractor told here that that little potty belly was caused by gas in her intestines created by the digesting food that lingers there. He told her to eat half a banana and half an orange, together, every day and that would eliminate the gassy bloatiness. It worked. Try it, maybe it'll work for you too.

i swear to god go buy carmen electras arobic striptease its very easy to follow and you work your stomach like you wouldnt believe my stomach burned after i did this the first time after a whille i noticed everything was tightening up especially my stomach and its lots of fun to do hehe youll even make your hisband / boyfriend happy when you show him your new tricks < you dont get naked when your doing it...unless you want to> and its just a great workout i cant express that enough

exercises will not simply work. either you undego liposuction or mesotherapy.then, only then, will exercises help to maintain your flat and firm abs.

you'll have to go on a regimented diet. check it out with a good doctor

Source(s): i underwent liposuction, that's why i know. first hand experience

Hey check out my blog I have two entries, "No Love for Love Handles," and "Cardio-Huh."

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-bCJcpYYyc6M.rBmxoZe...

Any more questions email me