Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Has anyone else had problems with digital pregnancy tests?

I take a pregnancy once a month. My period is off the wall because of the birth control I'm on so I always make sure to take one. Both of my children are birth control babies and I didn't find out I was pregnant until 3 months with my first and 2 months with my second. I dont want that to ever happen again. Anyways, I usually buy the cheap "pee on a stick" type tests. I bought a couple of the digital and they came back invalid. This was a few months ago so I know I'm not pregnant. Has anyone else ever had problems with the digital type tests?

Favorite Answer

I never used one... mostly because everyone keeps saying that this happens. Im not going to spend More $ on something that works only 1/2 the time.

I did find that all test are creted almost equally... that there is a standard for HPT's. So when I tested alot I just bought a couple from the Dollar Tree. They worked just as good when I finally got that +... and I had taken an EPT two days before & got a Neg. result.

The nurse at the clinic said they are all the same! So maybe at least if you have to test monthly you can save some money and Frustration!

I took a 3 of those digital testes when we were trying to get pregnant with our second child. 2 said yes and one said no, so I called my doctor and had a blood test. I wasn't pregnant. When we finally did get pregnant, i found out with the normal kind. I don't trust the digital ones.