MaryE
MaryE asked in TravelMexicoCancun · 1 decade ago

Which is the better hotel among these choices..?

I am planning a trip to Cancun in February and want to know which hotel to stay at...

1) Omni Cancun Hotel

2) Gran Caribe Hotel

3) Royal Sunset all-inclusive hotel

4) Royal Lagoon all-inclusive hotel

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

I dont know where the Royal Sunset or Royal Lagoon is..but Ill tell you, the All Inclusive thing is AWESOME.

I dont know if price is an object for you but ...either way all inclusive is just so convenient.

I stayed at the Royal Sunset, and had exchange priveledges at Royal Lagoon. If you want a quiter atmosphere then Lagoon is your choice. However, you are on the Lagoon, not the Ocean, so no Beach!!!!! If you stay at the Sunset, eat in the atrium, and for desert order a flaming coffee. They break out the step ladder and pour the flaming liquor into the drinks from about 7 feet up or so!! Worth the experience!!!! Overall, it is a very very nice resort, and worth it. Beware, it is a timeshare however, so they will want you to go to a sales meeting, just set it up for the day before you leave, and blow them off!!!

me - it's the Omni all the way. in fact - heading there at the end of this month for a 5 night get away!!! love the location and the property is top notch! they have an inclusive and non inclusive package too! we do the inclusive for the majority and then the days at the end when we know we won't be there enough to make use of the "inclusive" portion - opt for non inclusive.

Go with something that is all-inclusive because then you don't have to worry about food/drink. The Palace resorts go the most highly recommended. We've got a TimeShare at one of them, and, they've got remarkable amenities, entertainment, spa, and excursions. If you're going for bargain, the Barcelo Tucancun is a bargain hotel that works out nicely if you're just going for a bargain. Remember you will get what you pay for!!

Source(s): Personal experience

Do the Gran. Are you doing AI or EP? The Omni does both. If you are looking for a great hotel, with no meals, then do the HIlton. It's beautiful.

Source(s): me. i'm in travel.

I think I have passed by the first 2 in the list, they are well located, the 3rd one I believe is closer to the airport and the 4th one...isnt that on Riviera Maya? I like the Palace hotels...Beach Palace, Moon Palace, Sun Palace, Xpu-ha Palace... even the excursions are included.