Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Cocaine addictions if your having withdrawls how do you quit exactly? like stop shaking and all that?

if your having withdrawls how do you quit exactly? like stop shaking and all that?

Favorite Answer

Can't unless you take more cocaine...but that doesn't help quitting...you just have to suffer through them

• gone

I used to be a heavy coke user, did some time in rehab on two occasions. The second time was the worst because I went through the tremors, cold sweats, I couldn't sleep, all I wanted was the drug. It took me 2 weeks of solid therapy, day and night, to start to calm down. I went through 20 hours daily of group therapy, medications (After the 2nd day I refused it), physical therapy, etc. etc. It was a very hard thing to go through. I had more than a few relapses after that, but was clean for 18 months at one time. They also made us to go NA/AA meetings and visit Skid Row and talk to homeless people due to their demons. Last time I did coke was 12 years ago, and I don't miss it at all.

Back to your question, it took about 2 weeks of solid, sustained work mental, physical and spiritual to stop all the quakes, nightmares, and physical withdrawls. It took years to get over all the things I did to get the stuff, all the guilty feelings, etc.

Good luck to you, if this question is about your issues.

Hard part is going cold turkey. Horrible yes but do quit. Only thing I can think of is going to sleep under some medication.