Body wash vs. shower gel?

I got a lot of "smelly" stuff for christmas and I am confused about one thing. What is the difference between shower gel and body wash? I always assumed that they were the same thing but in this one set I got it had both a body wash and a shower gel. When I call this stuff "smelly" I do mean that they smell great of corse but I just don't get what the difference is. Can anyone help me????

Favorite Answer

I think it has to do with the consistency of the product. The gel is just that, a gel. The body wash is more creamy. Either way you'll get clean.

Pretty much the same thing. I use body wash in the tub, and shower gel in the shower.

Body wash is like conditioner and Shower Gel is like Shampoo. You can see through shower gel and shampoo but notbody wash its more clearer but you can read the instructions on the back of the bottle and it will tell you what its for

Source(s): Thats weird to have instructions on how to and where to rub soap all over you

Well, body wash is usually something u normally can use to smell good and cleanse yourself, but shower gel is used to smooth over your body, and to make yourself smell like all sorts of good stuff :). or you can use it for a bubble bath, etc. personally, i , use regular bar soap and then shower gel after.

I'm 99.9% sure they're exactly the same thing. Just like some companies say moisturizer and others say lotion. Same thing!

It's the same thing.

They are the same.

• atbkkj

same thing

DITTO