Mrs. JSV asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

i know some people who has these things in their mouth they call it "peanut"?

it is off white, foul smell, stuck in the corner in the back of their mouth, some have more than 2 slits full of that stuff and some just one. one of the person i know who had these told me she had her tonsils removed and she doesn't get it anymore. but i know someone who gets it all the time. but i also know a lot of people who don't get it, like me. so i don't really know how it feels. they say it bugging the hell out of them if they don't pick it out. but it smells!

anyway, whoever knows or had these. can you tell me what they are? how they get it? cure it? avoid it? why they get it? or what? doctor told my friend he doesn't know what it is or anything about it, but all he knows is people get it. huh! some doctor, ha?

my friend use flashlight to shine in his mouth, then he "aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" for as long as he can to pick it out with this nail tool (cuticle pusher or whatever that flat tool is for nail) and as soon as it comes down, he hacks and spit it out.

yes, it's nasty. ain't it??? i'm sure lucky i don't get that.

thanks for your answers, y'all. happy new year!!!

Favorite Answer

There is no real cure for it other than not having tonsils. It's similar to a zit in the back of your throat. Mucus collects in the pits in the back of your throat and breeds bacteria that naturally grows in your mouth. White blood cells attack the bacteria and the effect is like the acne that forms in your pores. The best way to prevent these from forming is to brush your teeth and use mouthwash on a daily basis, especially just before bed (since while you sleep the bacteria have more time to accumulate because you hardly move your mouth.)

Source(s): Seems to work for me.

Have your friend go to the doctor and get a antibiotic called a "Z-Pack". What you are describing sounds very familiar. Does he have a slight fever that is going along with it? If so, DO NOT TAKE IBUPROFIN!!! It will only make the spots worse. Get the Zpack....it works.

Tell him not to pick it off or scrape it...this can really damage the throat, and leave scarring. It also can cause more openings for the bacteria to get into.

suck it up and gargle with listerine to kill the germs maybe try a toothbrush to brush them away it's nasty i had a similar experience when i was hungover one day yes it is nasty as hell i almost threw up using a toothbrush so i used listerine brushed my teeth and drank alot of water they went away and i havent had it since hopefully never again god that was nasty

its a condensed ball of mucus/phlegm that gets caught in the crevices of your tonsils, which explains why your friend doesnt get them anymore. how do your friends pick them out, though? i usually have to gag myself to get them out, and its such a gross experience.