can i have an ear infection>?

i had woke up this morning with a lil sore throat. Also with the sore throat i have like a lil ear ache in my right ear. its like the sore throat its connected to my ear ache. can i have an ear infection or is it cause i have a sore throat

also when i "pop my ears" i hear something in my right ear it makes a wierd sound

Favorite Answer

Its possible to have a sore throat and an ear infection together, However sometimes the pain from the nerve endings of the throat can transmit to the ear. Furthermore sometimes post-n asal drip from an ear/nose infection can cause a sore throat. In any event- if by Tuesday your not feeling better, or you develop a high fever, you should see a Dr.

Source(s): MD/Pediatrician
  • Judith

If you have an ear infection, you would be in great pain. Take care of your throat & it will more than likely go away. Gargle with salt & warm water. I once had an ear infection that was so bad my eardrum broke.

Is it possible that you have post-nasal drip; that would irritate the throat. I just blow my nose a lot & take something like Benadryl.

nah that happens to me sometimes as well. just treat the sore throat properly and it shouldnt turn into an ear infection

it may be connected to the sore throat, give it a day or so and see.

• it probaly is just a sore throat i get that same thing all the time

Yea you can.

Source(s): I get ear infections all the time.