Vegetarians (Not vegans, obviously) do you eat cheese?

Several years ago, when I decided to become a vegetarian, I thought I was doing well until I found out that I should not have been eating cheese because most cheese-makers use animal rennet in their cheese.

I have found several cheese products that contain microbial rennet, which is okay to eat, but some fast food places won't guarentee where their rennet originates.

Why aren't people more aware of this? It really irks me that fast food places will call something "vegetarian" when it has cheese in it.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Favorite Answer

Yes, I eat cheese. Vegans do not eat anything with animal biproducts...but cheese I do eat

I eat lots of cheese. My dad even has high cholestrol from eating too much cheese and hes a vegetarina. My sister loves to eat cheese and she is big, even though she is a vegetarian. I like the cheese in taco bell bean burritos. my favorite cheese is Jarlsberg or Havarti.

I dont care about rennet. I have amended my threshold of tolerence so that I dont freak out about things like that.

Actually only the pricey restaurants use animal rennet! Cheap places like MacDonalds use imitation cheese. Wendy's says their cheese is made from non-animal bacteria. It's extremists that worry about animal rennet..

You can get your animal rennet free cheese

from Health food stores!

My aunt eats cheese and she's a vegetarian. She has been for about ten years.

well, if u like too. there are so many types of vegetarians. lacto-ovo for instance, they can eat cheese. i eat cheese barely but not in a way that i eat 1 whole wheel of cheese. that's insane. it think you can eat too! have a nice day!

I'm a lacto-ovo vegitarian and i eat cheese and dairy products. I figure why not? i just choose not to eat the flesh of warm blooded animals.

When I became a vegetarian I also swore off all fast food restaurants. Better to be safe than sorry.

I am a vegetarian since I know myself like person.

But, i am not radical. I eat cheese, eggs , cream cheese, drink milk. I am vg. because I hate meat!

It do not have explanation. I do not get to eat meat!I think it nauseating!

Source(s): own

Vegetarian is the case, not vegan. To information you try the web site. I like the cheese as a vegetarian, fish, also.

i eat cheese. i haven't heard of the rennet thing yet, but i will continue to eat cheese while i look into it. thanks for teh question and happy new year!