I need a ISO Reader?

I have this .rar CD Image, and I cannot seem to locate a program that reads it. I run it on the virtual machine, nothing. I use ISO Buster to try to extract the contents, nothing. I just need a program that will read and extract that .rar cd image

Favorite Answer

A CD image does not have a .rar extension. The .rar extension is that of a .rar package (similar to a .zip package. It is a zipped package of files.)

To unpackage a .rar file, I suggest 7zip:

http://www.7-zip.org/

It is free, and can unzip .rar files as well as its own 7zip extension.

After that, your iso will probably be an .iso, .bin, or .cdi file. It might also include a .cue file, that will tell a burning program how to burn the CD.

RAR isn't a CD image format. It is a file compression format used by WinRAR. You can download it from www.rarlabs.com or www.download.com. After you use that program extract the CD image, you will need a program that will create a virtual drive to read the image. Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120 are well known programs that work well with just about all known image formats. You could also burn the image to a CD with Nero. Don't mind the fact that the image size might be larger than what the CD or DVD can hold. It is just extra data used for the image.

You need to burn it if it is a movie, or convert the format:7-Zip - An open source file archiver that can read, but not write, ISO images. WinRAR - A shareware file archiver that can handle ISO images. IsoBuster - A shareware program that can extract ISOs, plus full CD descriptions in various modes, and handle and extract ISO and related files. ISO Recorder - A free (for personal use) ISO creation and writing tool for Windows XP and later. LC ISO Creator - A free and tiny (23kB) ISO creation tool from CD/DVD-ROM, for Windows NT/2000/XP. Folder2Iso - A freeware program to create an iso file from any kind of folder (with the subfolders). It is a GUI of mkisofs (linux software). The program does not require installation. Compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista. UltraISO - An application for creating, modifying and converting ISO. Power Archiver - A shareware file archiver that can handle ISO images.

Here is a good link where you can download winrar for here: http://bit.ly/1BooiXa

You can use winrar to decompress zip files and a bunch of other formats. Other good programs are 7zip and winzip but in my opinion winrar is the best one. Fuctionalities are pretty similar for all programs: basically you can decompress a file simply by right-clicking it and by choosing the destination folder.

Winrar is available for free under a trial licence. The good thing is the trial period never ends so you can use it for free with no limitations.

Winrar opens all formats like .zip, .rar, .7z, .iso, .tar, .jar etc. That's why I recommend it.

Sounds like a Linux ISO.

Alcohol 120%.That program works.

I think softwares like alcohol 120%, clone cd and phantom (fantom) work

Try winRAR (download from download.com)