Has anyone suffered with, been treated for, or dealing with SIJ dysfunction?? (Sacroiliac Joint)?

I have been dealing with all kinds of "issues" that stem from my SI Joint. I am looking for anyone that has dealt with the some of the same things. How did you get relief?

It has caused low back pain, hip pain, Piriformis syndrome, sciatica as well as other things. I have gotten temporary relief with, deep tissue massage, cortisone injections and some PT. What is left? Please....... I am tired of this. I am normally a busy body. I hurt all the time now.

Favorite Answer

I am dealing with this right now, the doctor is going to do another round of cortisone injections and if I get some relief from that he will do a third round and burn the nerve endings. I've heard a lot of good things about burning the nerve endings, most people have very good success with this. I have been hurting for a very long time, and haven't been able to do a lot of things. I am really looking forward to feeling better. Good luck to you.

Please try going to a good chiropractor in your area... You have a joint that is "dysfunctional" and massage & cortisone don't fix a dysfuntional joint, only mobilizing and restoring proper function to the joint will make you feel better.

I get referrals from orthopedists, rheumatologists, family doctors etc for this type of problem all the time... The physical therapy you did would be helpful if the joint was moving correctly, but sometimes things just get really "stuck" and we need to unstick them for you, in simple terms. You can still get back to your routine pretty quickly & doing some of the home exercises you got in PT will help too.

Good luck

Yes i have a sacroiliac joint right now and am going to smoke it