Why Are Some Of The People Who Claim To Be Born-Again......?

Some of the nastiest,meanest people?? Every person i ever met that said they were born-again were lyers,cheaters,abusers,and just plain rude jerks??? What ever happened to "acting like a christian?" This is not to offend anyone,just my personal experience.Anyone else feel like i do?

Favorite Answer

So they can lose their guilty feeling from the past and expect you to forgive them.

Great question, Taylor.

I really have nothing against Christ. In fact, I like the things that he said. But I have to agree with you that Christians, at least Christian fundamentalists or literalists, are some of the most hateful, despicable people I have ever met. If you don't agree with them, they wish you to hell while claiming to love you. They think they have the ability to judge who will be punished and who will be rewarded. They supported the invasion of Iraq and found scripture to prove it, even though their God, Jesus, talked only of loving your neighbor as yourself. They claim to know everything and are positive that they are right. In fact, they are so right that they think everyone else, Christian or not, has to follow their scruples, laws and rules.

I could rant for quite awhile on this, but I think I have touched on many of the main points. I really hate to say it, but these people make one want to be anything but a Christian.

To me it's a world-wide misconception that there is such a thing as "acting like a Christian," one that I often fall into myself. Basically, in my opinion, if one were to hold to "Christian" beliefs, one would see that Christian is not really all that different from any other person, since the real difference is what the Christian believes and hopes for. To me, all men sin and are imperfect, and being Christian doesn't necessarily make you a better person on its own.