Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

do you think being around afriend that is bilingual will help me learn spanish?

I have a friend (neighbor, actually) that is bilingual.

I want to learn Spanish, and my neighbor fluently speaks both ingles y espanol. do you think being around her, and picking up little words will help me on my way to learning Spanish?

Also, I need Spanish courses (for free, please) does anyone know of any good, free websites that can help me?

if you know of any, please give me multiple references. best answer will be picked A.S.A.P =)

Happy New Year!

Favorite Answer

It can't hurt. You might do other things to help:

Watch the Spanish television channels, that will help with language and culture.

Watch your favorite DVD's using the Spanish language tracks; many have English, Spanish and French.

Pick up some Spanish magazines and read them.

Immersion is the best method of learning languages. Listen to and watch and read as much as you can.

I have friends from Puerto Rico who are helping me learn conversational Spanish. The most helpful thing they do is talking to me in Spanish about everyday stuff, and explain the words I do not know and teach me how to say the response or ask a question.

The best free Spanish lessons I have found on the internet are at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/spanish/talk/

Yes, it will, as long as you talk to each other in Spanish even though your Spanish is not that good. A word here , a word there, will gradually bring a sentence here and a sentence there. I learned Spanish through a Spanish girlfriend that I had in high school.

Yes, it can help you. My children grew up with bilingual friends and all can speak some spanish, my daughter does very wonderful with it. You can pick up bilingual cds for your computer at Wal-Mart, so you can learn in the privacy of your own home. Spanish dictionaries are great too!!!

Being around your bilingual friend (neighbor) can help you learn spanish if she speaks to you a lot in spanish. I speak spanish because i was married to a mexican for 15 years and my ex in-laws spoke only spanish to me. I took it in school prior to my meeting him but they teach you proper spanish in school not the everyday slang. If your friend agrees to talk to you in spanish makes she translate to you what was said so you will be able to speak it not just understand it.

• ?

Couldn't hurt. Spanish is one of the easiest languages to learn..

I Cr 13;8a

Happy New Year.

Happy New Year!!Your friend can help u learn and pronuonce Spanish.Since ur friend can speak both.^_^So sorry though,<_>I don't know any good websites.I hope I helped at least a little bit.

Yes if you try and speak Spanish with them....

yeas, it wil help you a lot if you use it! I don't mean use your friend just for your own good but by asking her to teach you if she can!

yah,definitely!