Is it bad luck to keep Christmas Decorations up after New Years?

• carole
    Favorite Answer

I have never heard that it was bad luck - but it is hard to move forward with the vestiges of the past all around. Best to start off the new year with a clean sweep of the house.

Peace!

• J.

Bad taste maybe. Bad luck no. There is no luck with decorations. They are there to make you happy.

• mo

No bad luck keep them up as long as you like. Happy New Year.

Bad luck for me if I forget to take the things down tomorrow!

We have left ours up till the day after New Years before. One year hubby and I left it up till after Valentine's Day. The tree was in a room we didn't use very often. We were also hardly ever home due to his Mom dieing of Cancer.

• tas211

No, technically, decorations should be left up until after the Epiphany.

No, but you should take them down about a week after New Years'.

No, we keep ours up till New Years Festivities are done. Then we take every thing down and put it away till next years begin!!

A lot of people keep them up until the Epiphany.

Not, usually it keeps until epiphany