Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is it bad luck to keep Christmas Decorations up after New Years?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • carole
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I have never heard that it was bad luck - but it is hard to move forward with the vestiges of the past all around. Best to start off the new year with a clean sweep of the house.

Peace!

• J.
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Bad taste maybe. Bad luck no. There is no luck with decorations. They are there to make you happy.

• mo
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

No bad luck keep them up as long as you like. Happy New Year.

• 1 decade ago

Bad luck for me if I forget to take the things down tomorrow!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

We have left ours up till the day after New Years before. One year hubby and I left it up till after Valentine's Day. The tree was in a room we didn't use very often. We were also hardly ever home due to his Mom dieing of Cancer.

• tas211
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

No, technically, decorations should be left up until after the Epiphany.

• 1 decade ago

No, but you should take them down about a week after New Years'.

• 1 decade ago

No, we keep ours up till New Years Festivities are done. Then we take every thing down and put it away till next years begin!!

• 1 decade ago

A lot of people keep them up until the Epiphany.

• 1 decade ago

Not, usually it keeps until epiphany

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.