doggy lover asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

how much of a painrelief pill should I feed my chihuahua? and what kind?

Favorite Answer

Take it to a vet and get some prescribed medication with the correct dosage.

What kind of pain is your Dog in? Warmth of a heatpad maybe enough to give it relief. I would not give it anything unless a Vet prescribed. Human meds are not right ones to give to any animal. And one that small would need very little. But if your dog is suffering give it alcohol. It takes very little to knock them out completely. A shot in a bowl of milk will do the trick. Good luck.

I have always used non coated asprin for my dogs, vet ordered of course. I would check with the vet because some human meds are unhealthy for our four legged friends. The vet would be best to advise you on this matter. Our vet ordered 1 noncoated, specifing noncoated, asprin for my medium to large dogs, ours weigh anywhere from 55 pounds to 100 pounds.

Do not give the animal any pain killers. If you give it too much for it's size, it will bleed out and die of anemia. Take the dog to a vet and get a professional opinion.

Visit http://www.dogsvets.net

You can ask a VET on this portal

Whatever you do don't give it a Tylenol it can give your dog liver disease and WILL KILL YOUR DOG! Ask a vet.

it depends on what it is for, an aspirin 81mg might be the best, I have always been told not to use Tylenol

ask a vet

I would think you could call your vet and ask. They wouldn't charge for that.

VET.

But if you have to, give it a LITTLE bit of aspirin