Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

I need help with college... a cartoonist's help?

I'm so nervous. This is my chance to restart my porfolio once again-and this time it will be given to colleges (I want to be a cartoonist-drawing manga). Do i need some kind of sketch papers? A special kind of pencils? What should go the porfolio? I DONT WANNA BE A BUM IN THE STREETS OR A SLUT! Please tell me what to do first. I need to hear someone who's already in art college. What did u do to get there? TELL ME EVRYTHING CUZ I'M DAD NERVOUS, I WANNA FAINT AND NEVER WAKE UP!!

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    hi. i don't think you really need special papers or pencils. Just use want you feel is comfortable that you like to draw with. I think you should put characters that you make up or draw in your porfolio. I think colleges want to see characters that you can make up on your own. I'm not in college, but still in high school. I draw manga alot. Just use drawing tools that fits you. Thats the best way to develope nice cartooning or manga artwork. I nervous about my drawing to. I do recommend a good binder or sketch book. Good luck with your porfolio

  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

    An art college should do the trick. Even if you have no interest in fine arts, learning the fundamentals will help in any form of art, including animation and comics.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.