I want to motivate my handicapped (one leg cut in accident) friend, can anyone suggest a book or video?

Favorite Answer

How about Christopher Reeves? He just would not give in and firmly believed that one day he would walk again. He died recently but was all courage. Not to soft soap your friend but tremendous advances are being made in that field. I see people walking around with a heart pace maker or bypass who 30-50 years ago would have been bedridden with a short lifespan. Attitude (positive) is the greatest helper to get well, physically or mentally.

There is a book, I believe it's called "Between a Rock and a Hard Place" written by a guy who got stuck while rock climbing. He had to cut off his own arm to save his life, and now he gives speeches and continues to climb, even with his prosthetic. It is a very moving book.

Good luck to your friend!

The book "The Acorn People" try amazon.com