Why does my acid reflux cause belching?

Sometimes I get fits of belching where it feels and tastes very carbonated even though I have consumed no carbonated beverages. What causes this and how can this be treated? Should I take more Pepcid, Prevacid, and ginger when this occurs?

Favorite Answer

Try a different approach. Excess gas is a sign that you don't have enough acid in your stomach. How about stop taking the antacids and try a tablespoon of dark apple cider vinegar. It might solve your problem the same way it did mine. Consult a doctor though. It doesn't work for everyone.

Source(s): I took antacids for years like candy. I took the vinegar one time and have happily never had a problem since.

1

Source(s): Eliminate Heartburn In Weeks - http://HeartburnNoMore.duebq.com/?LVD

i have acid refulx and had the same problem all the pepcid in the world didn't help me. I recommend that you go to the doctor and get nexium ive been taking it now for two months and after two days of taking it i had no more bleching no stomach achs nothing and i can eat whatever i want. also if you get heartburn alot like everyweek you need to go get some meds otherwise you'll ruin your esphogus and stomach. I hope you have insurance though cause its expensive i think its about 120 -140 a month with no insurance. In my opionion its worth it.