I've been dating this guy for about a week now and...?

he asked me if it was hard for me to wait to have a child. I said no its not difficult because I want to finish college first. He said its difficult for him to wait. He'd like one this year. I don't graduate until 2009. *I am 2 year's behind for financial reasons*. He'll be 20 in February and I'm 24 now.

What should I say to him??

Tonight....I talked to him online and he said he likes where he lives *New York* and something about he can't leave his doctors and he'd like me to be there in NY with him. Is that fair?

Favorite Answer

Your schooling comes first. He may say he wants a child but he is way too young to be ready for something so serious. Do not give in because once you are pregnant or somewhere along the line, he will probably freak out and dump you. If he really likes you, he will respect your wishes and take it slow with you.

I would tell him no and stand your ground. If you give in to what he wants and you're not ready for a child, you'll be unhappy. since you've only been dating this guy for only a week, it may not be hard at all to tell him to find someone else if he can't wait and not have have your feelings hurt too bad. You should follow your heart and get your education. More power to you and good luck!

Tell him that your not ready to settle down with a child yet. Yes most guy don't understand that but some do. Just tell him when the time is right then the time is right but not right now. If he don't like that then he will just have to get over with it.

If you are 2 years behind right now, what makes you think a baby will help that. Tell him to grow up.

First of all l cant beleave he would say that to you after only a week , tell him anything worth having is worth waiting for . but what ever you do stand your ground , you have set goals for yourself so live up to them , its way to early in this relationship to be talking about children .

I would tell him your exact plans. Be honest. I totally agree with your decision to wait until you finish school to have children. Kudos to you for being responsible. Good luck.

• ken s

tell him no. if he wants a child tell him to find some other girl who is willing. you need to concentrate on getting out of college

can u wait till i finsh collge i love u and every things but i want to wait to get out of school

you only been dating a week and this conversation came up i would say run for your life.

slow down big fella