Okay...you have just been to the greatest New Year's Eve party, and are trying to hail a cab to get home...?

You run into an old "flame" and you share a cab. Can you write an amusing paragraph or 2 or more that includes these phrases?

1. My mouth went dry and my hands went clammy.

2. Okay,okay.....I GET IT!!

3. Ah, the lesser-known "I don't have a dream" speech.

4. That was a well thought-out.....piece of rubbish!!

5. Now what would Fred Astair and Ginger Rogers do in a situation like this??

6. Would you go with me if we rode the clouds together ?

Favorite Answer

The party I had just been to was amazing. We watched the ball drop in Time Square, and we danced the night away. But it was about time for me to be calling it quits and going home- so that’s exactly what I did. Of course, the big issue was getting a cab at 3:00 in the morning, especially when I could barely hail a cab in the normal hours of the day. Fun. Just as I was about to look around to see if I could even find a cab I heard a familiar voice, and felt a hand on my shoulder. My mouth went dry and my hands went clammy. It was my ex, if you could even consider him that. Eh, we had a fling back in high school…no big deal right?

“Hey babe, oh those are shoulder blades- I thought they were wings.” He said whispering in my ear.

“That was a well though-out…piece of rubbish, seriously.” I responded disgusted. That was one of the cheesiest pick up lines ever, and it wasn’t going to work on me.

“Look, it seems as though you are having a bit of trouble trying to get a cab. So why don’t I get the cab and you can ride with me.” He said. Of course, I really didn’t want to ride in the same car as him…but I really did need to get home, so I reluctantly agreed. “This is my method. You just step out in the middle of the road, and when a cab comes and almost hits you, they feel almost bad for you, and almost stop and let you in.” So he got out in the middle of the kind of busy street as cars zoomed by.

“ okay, okay…I GET IT!! Just get back on the side of the road!” I yelled, fearing for his life. Wait a second? Why would I do that…uh oh. Surprised, he ran back over and stood next to me, and hailed a cab the old fashion way- successfully. We climbed in the back seat and he put his arm around me and started to whisper in my ear, all of the places he wanted to go with me. Ah, the lesser known “I have a dream” speech…made by the white man trying to get a date. Too bad his dream wasn’t going to come true, but it’s the thought that counts. He kept going listing more places than I thought he knew existed. The cab stopped about a block away from my apartment and I got out of the cab, he followed me out still talking about his vacation plans.

“Would you go with me if we rode the clouds together?” He asked as I walked up the front steps. Now…what would Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers do in a situation like this? Oh yeah. They would dance…I didn’t really feel like dancing so instead…

“Well, you’re a nice guy and all. But…I’d rather stay here, with out you.” I said dismissing him, after all what we had had together was long gone. I walked into the complex and went to bed. I felt bad for ruining his New Years Eve, but he was a little creepy. "Happy New Years!" I yelled out my window down below, to what was now and empty street.

You're questions never cease to amaze me. They are so much fun- keep them coming!!! Happy New Year.

i just got into a cab but it was very cold and it was really dry so my mouth went dry and my hands turned clammy. then i saw an old flame come down she and said "can i hitch a ride with you" then i said only if you give me gum "LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LO". then she said "okay okay....I GET IT!! when we were at the party i was asking for two packs of gum. so can i come". I started asking myself what would fred astair and ginger rogers do in a situation like this?? then i thought they would let her in so i did.

when we were driving back i started talking about my dreams to make some conversation and then i stopped because that was a well thought out piece of rubbish because all of my dreams are really dumb like the one where i was flying in the air and jack black was singing "Would you go with me if we rode the clouds together?" so i thought of a speech i made in high school for class about my dream that i was bathing in pudding and how i forgot it in class and the students laughed at me. then she spoke with sarcasm " Ah, the lesser-known"i dont have aa dream" speech" and then she left with disgust and i cried and the taxi driver kicked me out for ruining his seats.

You amaze me. Where do you get all this stuff?

My obsession is your possession,Every piece that I can get. My obsession is your possession till my mouth is soaking wet.My obsession is your possession, are you smiling in my way? My obsessession is ............... your possession!