Is it true that where ever you are in life at new years is where you'll be the following year?

For example if you're in a certain place or have money in your pocket. Things of that sort. I mean last year a week before New Years I was visitng Houston TX with my pregnant wife and we ended up moving to Houston with no previous intention of doing so.

Favorite Answer

Oh I sure hope not. If that were true how would you progress. Wouldn't that signal being stuck in a rut so to speak? How would we ever get out of that rut? Thankfully we generally have a little more say in how our lives unfold than that. Interesting thought tho!!

Sounds like a coincidence to me. I hope Houston is good to you and your family. There is no evidence to support your theory that where you spend New Year's is where you will be the next year. Happy New Year.

I hope not. We were in the middle of an ice storm. Our area of the state in a state of emergency and had been without power since 2am this morning. We have had below freeze temp all day. Wow that would just be a bad year if it was true. :(

Hmm let's see, New Years of 65 I was in Delaware, but New Years of 66 I was in Chicago, and New Years of 67, I was being shot at in Viet Nam. New Years of 69 I was in s.e. Va, New Years of 70 AND 72 I was in Japan, New Years of 73 I was in Antarctica. Nope, it is NOT true. DOH

• Zeera

Nope, that's just a coincidence. Our future is subject to our actions and intentions. We have lots of personal influence on our course of conduct, and path in life.

You know, if that WERE true, I'd sure take steps to set myself up right! Maybe splurge on an elegant hotel room with services. Hmmm . . . as if . . .nice thought, tho'.

No - I've never been in exactly the same place or position I was in at New Years. Things change regularly. Yours was coincidence.

Looking at my life at the moment, I sincerely hope the heck not!!!

• *

This does not make sense.

And I have had several wine spritzers, so you ought to be very afraid for yourself.

its what ever your doing at the time att he stike of midnight on New Year Eve thats what you will be doing for the rest of the year........

So I have been told :)~~~

Lord I hope this is not true.