Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What causes the body to think its pregnant when its not?

My breasts are leaking and I have several other pregnancy symptoms, but every test comes back negative. I know its not too early to tell. What is going on with my body?

Favorite Answer

wishful thinking

the power of the mind is an amazing thing.

or keep in mind

I had 5 over the counter tests, six doctors tests and 2 blood tests before I had a positive test. I was 4 months pregnant by that time with my fourth child. Thedoctors would not believe me when I told them I knew I was pregnant.

It's probably your hormones out of whack. If you've had a baby already than your ducts are already developed and can leak. Also, if you had a miscarriage (even if you didn't know it) your body can go through all of the symptoms of pregnancy..including contractions. It's called a fantom pregnancy.. your body just reacts as if you were carrying a child.

Hormone imbalance

• ?

Your mind, your wishful thinking. As for the leaking breast, if it's very light & suttle, it's not so uncommon.

well the milk from your breasts can be from your partner sucking them during sex but most likely its a hormonal imbalance

what you are experiencing is a "phantom pregnancy".

perhaps your homones are out of balance....

maybe your contraceptives are causing this.

your mind can play tricks on you