Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 1 decade ago

TAXES!!!!!?

OK HERE WE GO AGAIN.......I MADE $3,012.38 IN 06' .....THEY TOOK $76.93 FEDERAL INCOM TAX.... $43.89 IN EMPLOYEE MEDICAID ....... AND $186.77 IN SOCIAL SECURITY EMPLOYEE TAX.... I HAVE ONE UNDERAGE DEPENDANT......WILL I BE ELIGIBLE FOR EARNED CREDIT INCOME AND IF SOOOOO....CAN SOMEONE CACULATE THIS IN TELL ME APPROX.. HOW MUCH IM GETTIN BACK THANKS

• Judith
    Favorite Answer

You will need to file a tax return & will receive a refund for all of your taxes since you earned less than the standard deduction.

You may be eligible for the EIC. It isn't a matter of just having a dependent. Here are the rules as listed in the IRS publication:

• Your adjusted gross income cannot be more than the limit

• You must have a valid social security number

• Your filing status cannot be “Married filing separately”

• You must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien all year

• You cannot file Form 2555 or Form 2555-EZ

• Your investment income must be $2,800 or less

• You must have earned income

• Your child must meet the relationship, age, and residency tests

• Your qualifying child cannot be used by more than one person to claim the EIC

• You cannot be a qualifying child of another person

If you qualify, then the EIC is $1029 so your refund would be $1106 since you would get your withholding back.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p596.pdf

You will receive $1106 as a federal refund this year. $1029 in Earned Income Credit and the $77 in federal withholding.

Try to earn much more next year for you and your dependent's sake. I think I spent more than $3000 on beer last year. Cheers.

I think that you can get the earned credit income. Dont know how much you will be getting back.

Depends on where you are at. Go to IRS.Gov, that will be able to answer any questions you may have.