OK HERE WE GO AGAIN.......I MADE $3,012.38 IN 06' .....THEY TOOK $76.93 FEDERAL INCOM TAX.... $43.89 IN EMPLOYEE MEDICAID ....... AND $186.77 IN SOCIAL SECURITY EMPLOYEE TAX.... I HAVE ONE UNDERAGE DEPENDANT......WILL I BE ELIGIBLE FOR EARNED CREDIT INCOME AND IF SOOOOO....CAN SOMEONE CACULATE THIS IN TELL ME APPROX.. HOW MUCH IM GETTIN BACK THANKS
- JudithLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
You will need to file a tax return & will receive a refund for all of your taxes since you earned less than the standard deduction.
- ninasgrammaLv 71 decade ago
You may be eligible for the EIC. It isn't a matter of just having a dependent. Here are the rules as listed in the IRS publication:
• Your adjusted gross income cannot be more than the limit
• You must have a valid social security number
• Your filing status cannot be “Married filing separately”
• You must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien all year
• You cannot file Form 2555 or Form 2555-EZ
• Your investment income must be $2,800 or less
• You must have earned income
• Your child must meet the relationship, age, and residency tests
• Your qualifying child cannot be used by more than one person to claim the EIC
• You cannot be a qualifying child of another person
If you qualify, then the EIC is $1029 so your refund would be $1106 since you would get your withholding back.
- Wayne ZLv 71 decade ago
You will receive $1106 as a federal refund this year. $1029 in Earned Income Credit and the $77 in federal withholding.
Try to earn much more next year for you and your dependent's sake. I think I spent more than $3000 on beer last year. Cheers.
- karen vLv 61 decade ago
I think that you can get the earned credit income. Dont know how much you will be getting back.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 decade ago
Depends on where you are at. Go to IRS.Gov, that will be able to answer any questions you may have.