Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
OK HERE WE GO AGAIN.......I MADE $3,012.38 IN 06' .....THEY TOOK $76.93 FEDERAL INCOM TAX.... $43.89 IN EMPLOYEE MEDICAID ....... AND $186.77 IN SOCIAL SECURITY EMPLOYEE TAX.... I HAVE ONE UNDERAGE DEPENDANT......WILL I BE ELIGIBLE FOR EARNED CREDIT INCOME AND IF SOOOOO....CAN SOMEONE CACULATE THIS IN TELL ME APPROX.. HOW MUCH IM GETTIN BACK THANKS
- JudithLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
You will need to file a tax return & will receive a refund for all of your taxes since you earned less than the standard deduction.
- ninasgrammaLv 71 decade ago
You may be eligible for the EIC. It isn't a matter of just having a dependent. Here are the rules as listed in the IRS publication:
• Your adjusted gross income cannot be more than the limit
• You must have a valid social security number
• Your filing status cannot be “Married filing separately”
• You must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien all year
• You cannot file Form 2555 or Form 2555-EZ
• Your investment income must be $2,800 or less
• You must have earned income
• Your child must meet the relationship, age, and residency tests
• Your qualifying child cannot be used by more than one person to claim the EIC
• You cannot be a qualifying child of another person
If you qualify, then the EIC is $1029 so your refund would be $1106 since you would get your withholding back.
- Wayne ZLv 71 decade ago
You will receive $1106 as a federal refund this year. $1029 in Earned Income Credit and the $77 in federal withholding.
Try to earn much more next year for you and your dependent's sake. I think I spent more than $3000 on beer last year. Cheers.
- karen vLv 61 decade ago
I think that you can get the earned credit income. Dont know how much you will be getting back.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 decade ago
Depends on where you are at. Go to IRS.Gov, that will be able to answer any questions you may have.