promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
anne_anne asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

best vitamens for hair loss???

im losing alotta hair lately,

i think maybe bcz idont eat very well

(one meal a day, portien and carbs mostly, bad BAD i know!)

so im trying to mainting a good healthy diet, and i doo need some supplemnt

any recs plz??

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

First make an appointment for a general checkup with your doctor to test for any defiencies in Iron and underlying glandular problems,that can cause hair loss,your imbalanced diet can also be the culprit.Hair needs a ready supply of all the B-VITAMINS,minerals,zinc,Iron,phosperous and silica to grow properly,Hair is made out of protien so you should be getting that as well.

1.) Seaweeds,help stimulate the thyroid and give minerals for the proper health of the hair

2.) greens are great for the hair,contains lots of minerals,as are all the green vegetables.

3.) Protein your hair is made of protein so make sure you are getting it in either animal or vegetable form such as fish,chicken,beef,legumes,nuts... and cheese.Or protein drinks.

4.) take a good b-vitamin supplement with biotin which increases hair growth.

5.)MSM contains naturally occuring sulfer and will make your hair and nails grow faster.

6.) silica

this combined with a good scalp massage with herbal hair oil will do wonders for your hair. Avoid brushing ur hair when its wet,and use a natural shampoo such as lamas chinese stimulating shampoo or Jason thin to thick.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

If you are getting any other symptoms such as depression, feeling cold a lot of the time, constipation, etc. it could be a symptom of hypothyroidism. My mom has this and when she first started developing symptoms many years ago, her hair would come out in clumps. It's nothing serious (sounds a lot scarier than it is), and can be medicated, but it does need to be treated. I'm not sure of the symptoms of hyperthyroidism, but it could be a symptom of that as well.

I suggest reading up on the disorder, see if any of the other symptoms sound like you, and then go to a doc. Sometimes you really have to push the dr.'s with the tests for thyroid disorder though, because the tests aren't perfected and often read normal when something clearly is wrong. Don't be discouraged if you feel certain a thyroid disorder might be the culprit and they tell you it isn't. Just go to another dr. who may be more knowledgable.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No vitamin by itself is going to help your hair. Unless you are extremely malnourished, your diet will have little effect on the growth of your hair. Some women do suffer from alopecia in a way similar to men. This is a slow process and can be treated by products containing minoxidil. If you have experienced sudden hair loss, a trip to the doc is in order.

Source(s): me
  • 1 decade ago

Vitamin K defnetly the best of them

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Herbal remedy is the best with no side effects.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

see a doctor and ask if its alopecia

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.