colic calm?

Has anybody used this medication called Colic Calm for their baby's bouts of gassiness ? Has it helped ?

Favorite Answer

Colic has not been proven to be caused by gas. This is a theory but I have had a baby with colic and I was told by my pediatrician not to use medicines that are specifically for "gas". I have been told to run a vacuum cleaner in the room with a baby because the sound is supposed to be soothing. I have placed the baby in a carrier and put the carrier on the clothes dryer. The slight vibration and sound soothes. Wrapping the baby snuggly in a blanket specifically crossing the blanket across the chest also helps. These are all things that can help. Keeping the baby close to your chest while holding them also helps. I know this can be a horribly trying time on you and the entire family but just know that it normally only lasts up to eight months of age at the most so hang in there and know that it will get better!!! Good Luck!

Source(s): I'm a mom of a child that had colic for SIX months!!!
  • rosey

Thank God that my children never had colic as a baby, but my friend's last two did. The first one, it was awful. That baby had colic for over the first five or six months of its life-everyday. Her last child was born a couple of years ago and started exhibited all the signs of colic also. Someone at her church told her about the colic calm, she purchased it and gave it to her baby-- that baby has not had colic since. She gave it to her off and on for about 4 months at the first sign of flare up and it worked wonders. I would recommend to anyone.

if your baby has colic a chiropracter can fix it instantly. I have had 3 children and I know for a fact. I have told many others about it they have all found out for themselves. Colic is caused by a vertabrae out of place in a weak place in their back. the nerves being pinched control the muscles that go to the stomach. that is why the baby cries and arches his back. the baby is not experiencing gas, but muscle cramps. thats why they arch the back, to try to straighten out the cramp, just like you would do if you had a leg cramp, you would straighten out the leg. the chiropractor will adjust your baby and it is completely safe and will not hurt your baby at all. please get your baby there ASAP! Doctors and Pediatricians know this, but will not tell you about it because many of them still refuse to believe in chiropractors because chiropracters can fix many things without medicine.

With my nephew we never had any medicine. We just took turns passing him around and laying him on his back in our laps with his head on our knees and working his legs to get the gas out. Work the legs up towards the tummy bending the knees and then push them up and across the belly. It worked for us. I feel for you because colic sure makes them fussy. Good Luck!

Source(s): I was lucky none of my 3 kids got colic.

Nothing worked for my son's colic except for a drive around the block.

The only thing that helped with my babies colic wsa my moms suggestion of a little room temp sweet tea..diluted with a little water...strange to me..but it worked.

I haven't heard of this. Most drugstores carry gripe water that you can try. It never worked with my children. The best thing was to carry them in a sling or soft carrier. The ergo carrier is fantastic...as is a Moby wrap. There a lots of beautiful pouch carriers as well. See my blog on this topic:

http://canadianbabies.blogspot.com/2006/07/gripes....

• I read somewhere that going into a bathroom, preferably a small one, and turning on a shower as hot as it will go, and sitting with the baby in the bathroom with the steam helps quite a bit.

I don't think it did but i am dumb and don't know anything