question asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Is the NordicTrack SpaceSaver® Elliptical any good?

I really want to start working out. I need to loose weight, get tone and get some energy. If I use it will it work or is it a waste of money?

Favorite Answer

I own the Nordic Track 1055 Elliptical trainer and I love it. It has helped me lose 34 pounds so far. (along with working on watching what I eat)

I was surprised how much I enjoyed using the machine and gradually am buiding myself up to remain on it longer and increase my resistance and incline. At first I was a bit wobbly with my balance, but after a few times of using it, I got used to it and didn't have issues with keeping my balance.

I was lucky and found a used one (less than a year old) in the paper for just over half the cost of a brand new one.

Good luck.

I prefer the Tony Little Gazelle to the cheaper Nordic Trac.

You aren't going to find stores selling them that cheap. You need to check EBay and Craigslist. People buy equipment all the time and then never use it. Then they sell it cheap.

• m c

It is a total waste of money. Everything you need to do can be done without equipment. You can do that in your own home.

Waste of money, all you need to do is eat mostly fruits & vegetables and walk,walk, walk.