toddler weight?

My son is 20 months old and very tall for his age.He is 95% for height and 50% for weight.Everyone tells me he looks too thin and I need to feed him more etc.He weighs 26 pounds-and he eats average for a child this age.How much does your 20 month old weigh?My doc says he is growing fine but I am so sick of everyone telling me he is too skinny.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

People will always find something to complain about. Simply smile and ask them where they got their degree at...when they look confused, say "Oh, your medical degree, since his doctor said he was fine, I guess you're offering a second opinion?"

Eating healthy is better than eating more. Just content yourself with knowing you are doing your job, and ignore the turkeys.

Mom to seven skinny kids. You'd never guess where they get it from looking at dh and me!!!

Don't worry about the charts, or what anyone says.

My little brother is 23 months old and is short for his age and very skinny (except he has a little pot belly). He weighs about 22 lbs. Everyone always thinks he's 1.5 instead of almost two because of his size.

As long as he eats healthy foods, and isn't sick often you have nothing to worry about. You are just going to have a very tall lean boy.

i have 3 girls ages 4,5,and 7

my 4 year old weights 32 pounds

the 5 year old is 36 pounds

and the 7 year old: 45 pounds

all 3 are said to be just fine by their pediatrician. i've had numerous people tell me that my girls are too thin and my answer to them is-let me see your degree in medicine that gives you the right to judge my child. i'm usually left alone after that.

as long as your son is not sick all the time,active, and eats what he's supposed to then he's just fine. go by what your doctor says and ignore everyone else

Source(s): mommy of 3
  • tanner

I say don't worry about what other people say, he is obviously normal. When people bring it up, just say, according to his doctor & the percentile chart he's exactly where he should be & leave it at that.

For comfort, I have the same problem, people just compare kids too much. My mother in law says my son is too skinny - he's not, like you're son, the doc says he's fine & his % is fine, plus, he doesn't look like he's starving. She just says he is too skinny cuz her other grandchild is overweight, which makes my son look scrawny. She should be more concerned about her overweight grandchild than my son who is right where he should be.

Sorry, I can't get to the baby book to see his exact weight at that age.

my daughter will be 2 at the beginning of January and she only weighs 21 lbs. My doc isnt that concerned and just recently had me start her on pediasure. You son sounds just fine on his weight...I wouldnt worry about what anyone else has to say as long as you and your doctor know what is a healthy weight for him. Tell them to shut up!

Source(s): mommy to a little princess and one more on the way

I thought that the ratio of weight percentage to the height should be fairly close in babies and small children. If your doc feels that his weight is proportional to his height then I would tell the people that he is tall and very healthy.

basically just let it go in 1 ear and out the other... As long as your child is eating and healthy and growing well, that is all that matters. People always feel the need to make comments either way. I just listen to what I want to, LOL.. He sounds perfectly normal to me :)

Sounds a little thin, but nothing abnormal AT ALL! My 25 month old niece weighs about 30 pounds. Totally normal. Some people just have nothing nice to say at all really... Keep your chin up. =D

• Erika

Your doctor is right. Babies don't need to have "baby fat" on them. The most important thing is that he eats well, is growing fine, and reaching all of his milestones. As for everyone else, you are his parent & know what is best for him. It is your business, not theirs, so just ignore them.

sounds like u have a healthy boy

and doctor says he is fine

just ignore what people are saying