I need information about Boot Camps for teens in Oklahoma area?

My 16 year old daughter has been to a behavorial center twice this year. And now, I'm thinking boot camp of some kind. I have ran out or resources and sanity. She will not conform to my rules. I need help please, if you have had any luck with boot camps please tell me about them. I have already looked up several on the internet. I was hoping that someone could give me information about them, from personal experience. Thank you

• jen
    Favorite Answer

contect your local courthosue and they should be able to put you in touch with the right people!

The stories of beatings given at area boot camps make me ill. Why not try counseling? Exactly what are your rules? If she is doing drugs or in any way threatening to harm herself or others I would try getting her admitted to the adolescent unit of a psychiatric hospital. This website may help you with available resources for troubled teens in OK:

http://www.odmhsas.org/

Best of luck to you and your daughter. I hope you keep her out of boot camp. It is not what you see on television.

There are boot camps available. some are public, or inner maximum protection rigidity colleges. the interior maximum ones fee some sturdy money. If discipline is a controversy, the two mom and dad might desire to keep in touch consistently to straighten him out. interior the tip, he desires a sturdy male function variety to maintain him straight away. Yeah, some females think of they might try this, yet i've got self assurance that a guy is elementary with extra of what a boy is going by using and can cope with him extra effective. he will might desire to shop energetic too with useful issues, like activities activities, golf equipment, and so on. optimistically this keeps him faraway from the incorrect crowds.

Boot camps and behavioral centers have not been proven to help troubed teens. They just put teens with other teens who are rule breakers and trouble makers. Being around other people like that will likly influence her to become more like them. You need to get to the root of the problem, maybe seek professional help. If she is having problems with drugs, it will not likly be something you can control. Even in places like military schools, drugs are around, even though they are very strict and pee test randomly. Putting your child with other troubled kids is a bad idea.

I've heard too many horror stories of boot camp administrators physically assaulting the kids, and at least one kid was KILLED. If your child has such behavior issues, using intimidation and physically hurting them is only going to make her more stubborn and resistant to your rules. Try researching better methods. Good luck, and happy new year.

whip her into shape....