Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

LOL How many of you are eating black eyed peat tomorrow for good luck or shall i say today.?

Favorite Answer

They are cooking at this very minute and yes I am..Happy New Year to you!!!!!

Do you mean black eyed peas, I thought peat was a type of moss used for fertilizing plants, we don't normally eat those. Our good luck food is herring.

I will be!!!

Happy New Year!!!

Actually I'll eat black-eyed peas, don't think peat would be very tasty!! jk

fefe, can I come over? That sounds wonderful!!

Well, I won't be eating any black eyed peas, but my dad is making a big pot of them with hog jowl for my mom because she actually does believe in that good luck stuff.

I ate some on 12/31. Mom made them for my visit to Philly. She gave me a bag of the dried peas to make on 1/1 when I get back to Los Angeles...so YES!

have not had black eyed peas in some years. success is what you're making of opportunities. as long as you do not sit down lower back and watch for "success" to locate you and rather go out and locate it..... attempting to start up 2008 out useful......

• sapboi

Japan eat noodles for long life at new years, but if good luck means blk eye p's,

I'm in!

lr

• fefe

I AM... I love them also we are BBQING some ribs and chicken and potato salad, corn on the cob and i make a big chocolate cake I'm sure i Will be eating all day lol. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU

No blacked eyed peas for me

Feel free to have my share

yes peas for good luck and Italian food because we are Italian.

Don't think I'll be eating any. Never heard that they were good luck.