Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

when a telemarketer.. calls your house..?

just tell them this...

If your not selling AZZ I aint buying

I bet they will say.. umm excuse me?

Favorite Answer

LMAO.

I like to answer "Municipal Morgue this is Jane. How may I help you?"

The other thing is that the people who are trying to sell you something have restrictions on how long they talk VS how much they sell.

Talk with them, endlessly, keep asking questions and start to ramble, when they try to give you sale- closing statements, tell them you are not sure, and you need more details about anything concerning it. Ask off the wall questions, and when they seem a little frustrated with you finally, you can ask them how it feels to be annoyed when someone won't get off the phone.

That is why I will NEVER do phone sales EVER. I pity those workers

Here is a clip about someone messing with a telemarketer

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/65836/How_to_M...

I always ask the telemarketer for their company web address. I mention that I would like to read further details about their service/charity. As a result, I usually am usually able to cut the phone conversation short and keep the telemarketer happy as well.

That's good. I like to act really stupid. Like for someone trying to get me to buy a cell phone I ask them over and over again how long the cord is to their mobile phone. For credit card offers I ask for free stuff like plane tickets, baseball hats, etc. I'll ask endless questions about interest rates and payment dates. For the newspaper I ask if they have Dear Abby, weather, help wanted ads, and I just go on and on. They usually get sick of me and just hang up. One time this Indian guy trying to sell me a cell phone could not believe that I'd never heard of cell phones. He hung up and had his supervisor call back to see if I really didn't know what they were talking about.

• GiGi

when my caller ID reads "unavailable" or "blocked call" I sometimes pick up the phone and say NOTHING! I just listen. If it is a computer it will not do a thing because many are voice activated. If it is a person they usually hang up! It is my way have power over them! LOL!

I do my own thing.... I hang up after I let them yak for about 5 minutes!

lol thanks 4 the info. i like 2 hang up on them,. or tell them nocomprenday. which means don't understand in spanish.

I usually just pick it up and then hang up because it is the same ones over and over and over...ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

i tell my dog he has a call an let him bark in their ear.

How about, "I'm not interested, Good-bye"

lol ok