Does anyone know of the state help pregnant teens in Missouri get?

Im 17 and me and my boyfriend just found out im pregnant. We want to keep it and make our lives better for our child. I know Missouri has WIC and Mc+ but thats all im aware of. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

4 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    It's your baby, your responsibility. If you couldn't afford a baby, you should NOT have had sex in the first place. I got pregnant at 17 s well but didn't look for tax payers to pay my way. Your boyfriend needs to get a job.

  • 1 decade ago

    You can go to the local health department and you will be able to get all the information that you need. The MC+ is the health insurance that will cover about anything. I am not sure since you are underage if you need anything from your parents or not. I went when I was 18 and no questions asked or anything and I never had a bill to pay not even for medications or the hospital stay. I went to a health department out of St. Louis but the state will all run the same. Plus even after the baby is born it will be added and covered under health insurance too. Wish you all the luck.

  • 1 decade ago

    Kendra,I don't live in Missouri but go on google search for teen pregnancy help in missouri .It should lead you to a few helpful web sites.Also try out some parenting classes.My daughter had her baby at 15 and while she is a great mom she also wishes she could just be a kid again.She works and goes to school and takes care of her baby.There is no going back make sure you are prepared for this.Parenting classes will helpboth before and after baby is bornGood Luck Kendra!

  • 1 decade ago

    Try getting with your guidance counselor at school or your local social services office...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.