why is high school musical such a phenomenon?

why is high school musical such a phenomenon i saw the movie it wasnt that great i actually found myself laughing at how ridiculous it is

Favorite Answer

Simple plot, simple songs, simple characters. The answer is simple : tween formula.

1. Girl tweens like Zac Efron

2. Tweens like simple plots with happy endings

3. The songs are very catchy (if shallow) pop tunes

4. Adults wouldn't like it, because they see that the movie plot is predictable if you really think about it, and the characters are very stereotypical.

Source(s): I saw it, thought it was ok but not a hit.

It is this generations (8-13 year olds) version of "Grease", since most of these, mostly girls, have not seen "Grease" they are enthralled with the story and everything Disney puts out and promotes well is going to be popular!

I think that High School Musical is sort of likt this era's Grease

well i thought it was really dumb some basketball player wanting to be in a musical just because vanessa. that was so out of whack. i can't believe that they're making another movie thanks to Disney tax payers money are going into another gay movie that will be probably a big disgrace. why did have to be basketball players why couldn't it be a stupid sport that no-ones ever heard of. i hate the d*amn movie it sucks

It's a cute family movie with catchy songs. My family enjoyed it. I know, we're a bunch of dorks!

What is High School Musical? It sounds dumb.

It's okay, but not great.

Its cliche plot of 'boy meets girl' kind of bored me.

No clue why people think it's so great.

Dude .. I don't kno.

Some of my friends love it ;; Disney Channel teenybopper cliche if you ask me. I wouldn't watch it or that stupid Suite Life of Zach & Cody show if you paid me! I saw one scene .. I was at my friends house. A bunch of people were dancing && confessing about baking and stuff .. I was like WTF ?!!!

Hugs && Kisses

♥ Abby ♥

ive never seen it, and i dont want too.

i know people make such a big deal out

of it. omg. like the other day when i was

at the mall, i went into claires, and there

was this whole section of that high school musical crap. i was like WTF?!?!?