Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 1 decade ago

Is consumption of honey safe for diabetic?

I'm a bee keeper, and have honey avalable and some people question if honey is safe for diabetics.

• huggz
    Favorite Answer

Honey is glucose in another form, so you have to be very careful. In very limited quantity it is OK (5mls day);

1

Source(s): 30 Days Diabetes Cure - http://DiabetesGoFar.com/?sRvQ
  • Ellen

I am writing to tell you what an incredible impact these methods had on my life! I have had type 2 diabetes for 27 years. For me, the worst part of this horrible disease is the severe pain I constantly get in my feet. The pain is so bad that I avoid standing and walking as much as possible. I've got to tell you that within the first month, my feet stopped hurting altogether and I can now walk totally pain free.

Believe it or not, I even danced at my niece's wedding last month, something I have not done in a many years. I've been following the book for six months now and my blood sugar is well within normal range. I feel great!

I recommend you use the Type 2 Diabetes Destroyer to naturally reverse your diabetes.

Honey has a higher glycemic index rating than does pure glucose, so the answer to that is that it's not a good idea for a diabetic.

That doesn't mean that it can't ever be used, once in a while, say to sweeten a cup of tea or coffee, PROVIDED that this is part of a real meal.

There are other liquid sweetners that are much more appropriate for use by diabetics.

Everything in moderation. i wouldn't eat more than a teaspoon of honey a day, and it should be good quality honey such as Royal Jelly. as you know, it's loaded with vitamins and nutrients. depending on your control, you could probably consume 2 teaspoons if you are a fairly active person. activity is what dictates how many carbohydrates a diabetic can consume. check your blood sugar regularly when eating honey and try to stay active. good luck

• Cammie

Foods need to be pasteurized for people with diabetes. With our compromised immune systems it can be dangerous to eat "Raw " or unpasteurized foods.

I am sorry but the stuff sold in stores is better for us.

Also remember that people still need to count honey as a very simple sugar and carbs.

Pretty much, sugar is sugar. Although I believe in natural (unprocessed) foods whenever possible, as far as effecting blood sugar honey is just the same as refined sugar.

HONEY IS NOT SAFE FOR DIABETICS,,, IT'S PURE GLUCOSE. ONLY USE HONEY FOR DIABETICS IF THEY'RE GOING INTO A HYPOGLYCEMIC SHOCK.

be very careful.......

Source(s): i am diabetic.

Probably natural honey would be ok in moderation. But doesn't store-bought honey have a ton of sugar?

Only in limited quantities (one tea spoon per day)