What is the exact dimension of a Pyramid?

I would like to construct a pyramid in a small scale so that i can accomodate 2 or 3 persons. Please give me details and dimensions as how to design and construct. How can i find out the exact cardinal directions (North, South, East & West) so that i can place the pyramid in the right direction/position? What are the materials that can be used to construct a pyramid?

It must have a square base. Please provide me with the exact angles of inclination from the base. I am not constructing it for portable purpose. I am confused after doing web search because the measurement details was confusing for me as i am not an engineer. I just require the angles and measurements in values. Please help me out.

Favorite Answer

A pyramid has a square base with 4 triangular sides that meet at the top. You can make base any size you want as long as all 4 sides are the same length. the 4 sides also must be the same, but you can vary the height to suit your needs. The width of the bottom of the sides is determined by the length of the sides of the base.

For you case you must decide how you want the 3 people to be accommodated. If they will be reclining the base sides must be about a foot longer than the tallest person. If they will be standing the height will have to be several feet higher than the tallest person.

You could get an idea of how large it should be by tying 4 pieces of string to a tree branch just above your head, & stretching them out to the corners of a square traced on the ground.

The materials you build it out of could be as simple as a few pieces of plastic pipe & a plastic tarp. The pipes could be taped together, & the plastic taped to the pipes. Have fun with this project.

• hauge

Pyramid Dimensions

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I would like to construct a pyramid in a small scale so that i can accomodate 2 or 3 persons. Please give me details and dimensions as how to design and construct. How can i find out the exact cardinal directions (North, South, East & West) so that i can place the pyramid in the right...

Source(s): exact dimension pyramid: https://shortly.im/5Xb4B

What is the purpose of this exercise?

A regular pyramid would have a square base with sides of length L, and a height Sqrt2*L/2

a traditional pyramid is made of saw based mud-stone or rock. But they can be made out of anything from cloth to glass.

to fit 3 people comfortably... you would probably want the interior base area to be at least 30 sq ft.

Ultimately though... the reasons for the pryamid and how portable you want it to be are the determining factors.

what kind of pyramid do you want to construct? does it have a square base or a triangular base?

anyway, regardless of the base of the pyramid, you'd have to know the height of the people you'd want to accomodate in it. a lot would depend on the steepness of the sides of your pyramid, as well as how large a base you'd want.

as for the materials you can use.. well, it would depend on the function of your pyramid. you can practice your construction by using cardboard first.. just so you can adjust your roof and floor sizes.. until you get your dimensions correctly.

best place is to do a web search, and the History channel has programs about pyramids all the time, watch some of them. An encycopedia might help you too,, Good Luck

• Linda

The volume is (1/3)*base area* height. Let the side of base be h in. And the height be h in. Then 144=(1/3)(x^2)(h) You can express h in terms of x. Just pick one possible value of x. Then the h will be found. This is only one possibility. There are many others.

the positon of the pyramid in Egypt was build to follow the 3 stars in the midel of Orion Nabila. you can put scale 1:100. also you can build it from wood or plastics. you have to make sure the center line to the base line is (right angle).

Source(s): I'm Egyptian, and I studied our history well.

I can help you answer your question if you can assure me that you will not be using your pyramid for time travel experiments.