love-life asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 1 decade ago

Teen birthday party ideas?

im having a 14th b-day party @ my house in the next few months. any advice on food, decor, music, guests, time, ect. would be very welcomed. thanks!

she was thinkin more dance party-ish

should it be boy/girl, she isnt friends w/alot of boys, would it be uncomfortable then?

Favorite Answer

IM 14 2 SO WELL FIRST NOT ALL PARENTS REALISE THIS I DUNNO IF U DO BT SHES 14 NOT 4 NO EMBARRASING STUFF OR ANYTHING! A DANCE WELL EASY! THE KEY: RLY GOOD LOUD MUSIC AND LOTS OF SPACE TO DANCE. HAVE A TABLE WITH DRINKS N FOOD AND MAYBE ONE OR TWO CHAIRS IF PEOPLE GET TIRED, NOT TO MANY OR THEYLL ALL JUST SIT DOWN. U COULD GET SOME DISCO TYPE LIGHTS THAT'D B COOL. MY ADVICE FROM EXPERIENCE I WOULD BUT THIS IN BOLD BUT CANT REPEAT AFTER THIS::::::: I WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES EMBARRASE MY DAUGHTER IN FRONT OF HER FRIENDS, AND I WILL STAY 100 METERS (OR SO) AWAY FROM THE DANCING AREA AT ALL TIMES UNLESS SOMEONE IS DYING OR THE FOOD AND DRINK HAS RUN OUT!:::::::: IF YOU FOLLOW THIS I THINK IT WILL BE OK. SO WELL FOOD: FINGER FOOD I DUNNO CRISPS (CHIPS FOR THE AMERICANS), EMMMM I DONT REALLY KNOW JUST ASK YOUR DAUGHTER WHAT SHE LIKES AND WHAT WILL BE GOOD. DECOR: SIMPLE NO HAPPY BIRTHDAY BANNERS AND CLOWN HATS. DISCO TYPE LIGHTS WOULD BE GOOD, EMM MAKE SURE ITS COOL IN THE ROOM OR PEOPLE WILL BOIL TO DEATH! MUSIC: WELL THE MUSIC IN THE CHARTS AND STUFF GO TO A DOWNLOADING PROGRAM LIKE WWW,LIMEWIRE.COM AND DOWNLOAD THE SONGS YOU NEED, PUT THEM ON A CD AND PLAY IT ON THE STEREO VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY LOUD! GUESTS: MAKE SURE BOTH GUYS AND GIRLS COME IF NOT IT IS NO FUN AT ALL. AS INVITES THE COOLEST THING IS JUST SIMPLE COMPUTER PRINTED INVITES WITH THE TIME, LOCATION AND REASON FOR THE PARTY. TIME: MAKE SURE ITS KINDA LATE ITS NO FUN AT 3! LETS SAY 7-10 OR SO LATE IS COOL UNLESS NO PARENTS ALLOW THAT LATE SO DO 6-9 NO 3-5 PARTYS!!! SO I HOPE THAT HELPED HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2 EM AND HAVE FUN WITH THE PARTY!!!!!!

Source(s): MY TEENAGE INTELLIGENCE (EHM, YEA!)

What about: America's Next Top Model theme: i'm sure you've heard of the show, so you can have some frnds be the judges, and some be the contestants, and you can have people pose, model, runway, etc. My friend had one of those parties and it was FUN! *or, whatever TV show you like, you can use that as your theme. Hollywood: Decorate your house or whatever as a Hollywood mansion, and tell everyone to dress as a celebrity and like do little activities. Beach Party: Classic, fun, but not that creative. Not everyone will remember this party. You can make it a beach party, and have a bonfire. I rmemeber i really liked that party when i went to a bonfire/beach party. YOu can have hotdogs, make smores, play volleyball. The guys would love this too, and so would girls. You can have people bring out appetizers and mocktails for this too. I'm not sure if the guys would dress up, i mean, i know i would have a hard time deciding what to wear. Other than that, it does sound like a good idea, but i think you could ge more creative with the casino games. maybe you could bring your guests to a arcade?? Arcades are always cool. you can ask the arcade if they'll section a little bit of the arcade just for you and your guests. a

Food: Pizza, pop, chips, popcorn, vegetables and dip, cookies, etc.

Decor: Simple but classy

Music: Whatever you like and prefer and music you can dance to

Guests: No more than 10-16 guests; Too many people will mean crowded areas and a lot more mess to clean up. If you have a large house, you might want to consider inviting a few more. The more guests you have though, the more the party will cost.

Time: Friday or Saturday night is best. If it is not a sleep- over 10p.m.-11p.m. is the best ending time.

Try to pick a theme and go along with it. Matching is everything!

Cute dancing themes: Retro, ballroom, Disco

Good luck with the party! Hope it is a HUGE success!

I am 14 and here are some ideas:

1)Talk to your daughter and see what she would want to do

2)Have a formal ball theme where there is music and they dress up and eat fancy food. The time should be about 7PM and food try stuff like shrimp, pasta like a sit down ball dinner. Make the dinning room look as fancy as possible. Make your daughter feel like the queen.

3)Have a fashion party. Where there is a runway and all of the girls and boys dress up. The girls can do makeup and pick outfits and let your daughter pick who looks the best and then give out prizes. Afterward watch movies. Food Pizza, and chips. Time about um 4PM

4)Video Game party! Rent video games for systems that you have (don't have one rent one from the shop) and let them play each other all night. Have everyone bring there's as well. It was a blast when I did it. It started at 2 and ended at 12 the next day. We watched movies and stayed up late and had pizza, candy, soda, chips, and shrimp.

I would like to have these but if she is not into this kind of stuff you might want to ask her for some ideas.

I turned 14 earlier in December, so I may have a few ideas. If she wants a theme revolving around dancing, you could pick like an 70's or 80's theme. If it's 70's you could have a disco ball and everyone would have to dance to 70's music. The cake could be in the shape of a record. Or you could have a 90's party. Playing all those 90's songs that she adores. I remember all those songs I loved in the 90's. Sixpence None The Richer - "Kiss Me" or Sixpence None The Richer - "There She Goes" and who could forget "Don't Speak" by No Doubt ?

I hope she has a great party, good luck.

I am 14 so you might want to take my advice!

First you can invite your friends a day before your party,then get all the decorations,food,games,& everything else.

I would rent movies the day of your party,make food probably a pizza TOMBSTONES are the best,make popcorn,pour some drinks,make a bed in the front room,set up beauty supplies like make-up & face masks, then finally light candles,then when your friends get there everything will be set up!Start off with movies,then make overs, & end with a little salon.

Other things to do would be to play games like truth or dare,tell scary stories & what ever else.

Hope you chose my idea & have fun.Early happy b-day!

• You should have a birthday cake, but also have an ice cream make your own. Have at least 4 kinds of ice cream, 4 toppings, peanuts, sliced almonds, bananas, cherries, whip topping...etc For an all girls party, you could have a sleep over & watch chick flicks.

For the entertainment have a fingernail party. have a beauty school student come in and show everyone how to do their nails..it's cheaper. I would start it at 5:00 P.M. and have pizza & sodas. If it is warm enough, I would get a huge tent and place it in your back yard for the sleep over.

Good luck, have fun, & stay safe.

Happy New year!

Well I'm a teen ager and I would just ask your daughter what would she like to do. What ever she says, you could always compramise (bad speller) if she says something over the top. For me all I would want to do is have my best friends over and hang out, we always find something fun to do, always. And I would probably want some decent food, like maybe pizza, and maybe even shrimp (i love shrimp), some chocolate covered strawberies. But thats just me. Ask her what she wants to do, because if you plain it, you never know what maight happen. This is all I can say to help, and I hope it does. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

i think u should ask her what she would want... even thought it's a nice gesture to make a surprise party or something she might not enjoy it since most kids rather do something else instead

• a good party game is. Whos in my mouth.