I'm getting my car painted at Maaco, should I sand out the surface scratches or is that usually included?

Getting the "Presidential" Maaco-ver for my 2001 Black Impala which has some spots down to primer and several scratches in the plastics. Anyone know whether they sand the car before painting, or should I take care of these before I take it in?

Favorite Answer

It would have to be included. No reputable spray painter would respray a car without fixing the imperfections first.

they did a great job on my daughters Honda accord they sanded. primed it and painted it she had the supreme paint job. let me tell you for a 2002 that car looks like it came off the show room floor

it all depends on which grade of paint service you pay for; the $599 one i think includes some of that stuff

for$199 all you get is tape it off and paint

I use maaco on my company trucks and they have always done great work. trust them !!

THATS INCLUDED AND LET ME TELL YOU THEY DO ONE GREAT JOB