Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

My New Years Resolution is to be able to dunk by this time next year. I can touch rim now. Possible?

Is it possible to u think?

Im 14 and a half.

Im 5'10'' now.

I can touch rim now.

Favorite Answer

keep working on your hops and in a matter of months youll be dunking! im 5'5 and i used to be able to touch the rim......youre 5'10 you'll be able to dunk for sure! dont rush it tough! always stretch, work out a bit and then go for it!

Yes, you will probably grow abt. 1 to 2 inches and get significantly stronger. If you work out and especially work on your lower body muscles, then it is definitely possible. Hey - mines to be able to touch rim this time next year, and i'm in the same boat as you except 2 1/2 inches shorter and a little younger. Good luck, you've got a better shot than I do!

Super possible. Practice jumping on trampolines and jump rope. You'll be able to dunk in no time, maybe even before this time next year.

Seriously...wear ankle weights, and just practice in them for the whole year. Don't worry about trying to dunk next year, and work on multiple facets of your game. Do plenty of ankle and leg work outs, and you can do it. Good Luck & Happy New Year!

sounds like most of your growth spirt has hit, so i don't know. you should go buy some ankle-weights and use those to try and dunk. do it everyday for a couple of months. you'll be flyin' through the air by next year.

yea your about to grow another 3 inches atleast in a yr, my lil bro grew 3 inches in 3 months when he was 15. its for sure you'll be able to dunk!

haha im 14 also and im a girl but my really good friend wants 2 do the exact same thing so i believe he can do it and so can u!! :) lol i sound like oprah

• Nas

Its possible. by the way you tall, im 15 and im 5'5

• OC

Very possible.

you got ups man