25 weeks pregnant & feeling like baby is running out room?

I am 25 weeks pregnant right now, and I can always feel an arm/leg/head/butt through my belly... I was only 120 pre-preggo weight so I don't know if that factors in there... I have been gaining like normal with normal ultrasounds, but I can only carry in one half my uterus...

I am wondering if feeling these limbs like this, this early is normal? Other than carrying in half the uterus, everything is great, and the uterus is stretching fine too. I have an OB appt Friday, I'll be asking the DR then. Thanks for any input!

Favorite Answer

You're pretty thin, it seems, so it's not unusual at all for it to feel like the baby is going to pop right through you! Don't worry. The uterus and your abdomen are VERY stretchy! The usual problem with babies being too large for their mothers relates to the size of the pelvis, not the uterus. Yes, you SHOULD ask the doctor and get checked out, but I wouldn't worry.

Try some Vitamini E cream on your abdomen to relieve the tight sensation and avoid too many stretch marks. Also, walking or other movement seems to calm infants in the womb, so give it a shot! It will give your "innards" a chance to stretch! Sounds like you're going to have a big kid, though...

Wait 'til you're near 35-40 weeks...you'll think you're in "the X-files", with a writhing alien trying to break free! One of the DOZENS of reasons I only had one child!

It's recommended that you start doing kick counts at 28 weeks. When you do those, you should feel the baby kick at least four times in an hour (not every hour, just pick a time of day like 45 min. after you eat), and 10 times in two hours. Before 28 weeks, my doctor said that I should call if I didn't feel 6 kicks in 24 hours. You really shouldn't worry yourself over this, especially so soon. Otherwise you'll end up going to L&D every other day just to check on your baby.

Hee.Hee. I’m sure you will be just fine. It is amazing how much your uterus and stomach can grow. I have seen a girl who is less than 5 foot, weighing in at about 90 or less lbs. have 2 completely normal healthy baby boys. When you can feel the feet kicking at about your neck, then you have run out of room! ;)

Good Luck.

Congratulations!

I'm 29 weeks and I feel like if he grows anymore, I won't have room! My first pregnancy wasn't like that. Sometimes I can't even bend at the waist because it feels like I'm bending him in half. I think it has to do with the baby's positioning at the time. When they turn certain ways, there is more room for them. It's just a part of pregnancy though. Nothing to worry about, just uncomfortable.

Oh yes def. normal! i could feel my son kicking at about 18weeks and very active since then :) when the doc told me 25lbs was the normal weight gain i wasnt worried, yet i too was small before pregnancy and i gained waaaay more than 25lbs without overeating or anything. also i have read you can sometimes feel fetal movement as early as 16weeks so you're perfectly normal :) good luck to you...mine is due in 5 days!

I'm not sure what you mean by growing on only on one side of your uterus but as far as feeling little limbs so early yeah thats okay.Because you are thin (only 120 prepregnancy)the walls of your belly are thin and without fat stores to block the movements.When I was preg with my first I would grab his little hands (or feet)and hold on to them!He'd squirm and wiggle,it was so cute.But ask your doctor because no question is stupid not when it comes to your child.

Well I'm not exactly sure if it's normal but I'm 27wks pregnant and I can always feel some part of the baby through my stomach as well. So your not the only one wondering about this

its sooo normal. bub wont run out of room its just bubs getting bigger and more active its very normal u probably will feel like ur having heaps of babies sometimes cos u can feel a arm down low then a leg out the side.

like i said its very normal so just relax and enjoy.

its normal for the baby to move around

its just stretching

and getting into the right position

its a sign that its healthy

Don't worry Lady's there's still plenty of room; you will be amazed at how far the human body will stretch.