Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

which???????????????????????????????????????

which eotic pet, besides dog or cat wpould best suit me;

1)bigger than a hamster.

2)affectionate

30not TOO expensive. Thanx=}

Favorite Answer

SNAKE..............

get a rat. they are around $5 and they are extremely smart and friendly.

Get babies so you can handle them from when they are young. Mine eat right out of my hand and ride on my shoulder around the house. When I am watching TV I take them out and they fall asleep on my chest.

Rats are social animals so they do better in pairs. If you do decide on a rat, buy 2. Make sure they are the same gender. They might fight a little at first to establish dominance but that's about it. Mine curl up together at night so you can barely tell them apart. It's cute.

you have to give them baths though b/c just like any other animal they do smell after a while. I give mine a bath once a week so they are used to water.

the cage is easy to clean because they go in the same spot of the cage all the time. I change the bedding for mine every 1-2 weeks, but you can scoop out the mess daily and it makes it easier. Rats need lots of exercise so make sure you get a big cage and make sure it has a wheel. I have a ball for mine but they don't like it so I just bring them into an empty room and sit there and play with them. make sure there aren't any cords laying around though. they like to chew.

Source(s): I own 2 males

Guinea Pig

Hedgehog! or ferret...

But learn all that you can about what THEY need BEFORE you commit to one. All PETS are a commitment and its not about "would best suit me" its about "can I properly care for the needs of this type of animal?"

I do NOT recommend Gerbils or hamsters.

Rats are great pets. Make sure you handle them before you purchase them. Some are more social than others.

You could find out if sugar gliders are legal in your area and whether or not there are good sources (ie: breeders). The only suggestion I would make is that if you did decide to take that route you get two, as they tend to get very lonely.

http://exoticpets.about.com/cs/sugargliders/a/sgas...

In case you want to see pictures...

http://www.exoticnutrition.com/images/Sugar%20Glid...

But regardless...make sure you can care for the animal BEFORE you get it. If you have any doubts about being able to meet all of its needs, emotional and physical, get a virtual pet or an iDog instead.

A guinea Pig of course .

I have had a guinea pig for 2 years now. They are sweet and cuddly

good luck with your search!

Guinea pig

http://www.petsmart.com/global/articles/article_de...

They are great pets,VERY human friendly, especially the females. They will squeak and jump around because they are so happy to see you. My 3 females have NEVER bitten me or anyone else, even when my 2yr old niece plays with them

Rat or Ferrett

Silkie

more info on this amazing creature http://www.americansilkiebantamclub.org/

chincilla or chinchilla how ever u spell it. they might be expensive

though