For a in-ceiling 6.1 speaker setup, are the dual tweeters found in "surround" style speakers necessary?

What is the benefit, if any, of selecting the surround style speakers (i.e. HomeTech model IC SUR vs. HomeTech model HT603R)? The surround style speakers have dual tweeters, but I'm not sure this is necessary since the theatre speaker configuration provides the left / right pairs. I'm wondering if the surround style speakers are a better fit for separate room installations, where you'd install a speaker pair for listening to music?

Favorite Answer

The DUAL TWEETER in-ceiling speaker design is for when you want STEREO sound in one place (or room) but ONLY have room for ONE speaker...The dual tweeter makes it sound like TWO speakers...I'd use the SINGLE TWEETER design for each of your surround channels.

Source(s): whydoesmyhometheatersuck.com

Same place you'd fit ANY SPEAKER.....

In the corners of the "listening area"

Then you point them to the opposite corner for full dispersion

Point them like an X .....all of them...

Single or dual tweeters is no big deal....They may be using dual tweeters to handle the high energy in Highs.....Sometimes they use Dual Woofers to handle the lows.....

Ever wonder why they don't make dual Midranges?

I wish I knew....but I leave that up to the Speaker Engineers....

AS for Surround....you need 4 speakers and a CENTER speaker....And a Subwoofer....FOR SURROUND.

Source(s): 24 years repairing Electronics....

Sara, there is not any such factor as ethnically Arabs. The Arabic language replaced into first presented interior the 2d century. So, in the previous the 2d century, there replaced into no such factor as an Arab. After the 2d century, people who began talking Arabic, which i think of began in Iraq, have been noted as Arabs, yet they're ethnically Semitic. So the Canaanites would desire to to boot be the well known Palestinians, as many Syrians and Lebanese (Phoenicians, and so on.) have been shown to be former Canaanites and that they did not undertake Arabic from Aramaic until finally later on. the two way, we confident have lived on that land for an prolonged era than exiled Jews, and we've been continuously noted as the Philistines through fact the day of Jesus Christ. Language and faith are beside the point. If we at the instant are not the Canaanites, then 1400 years are longer than the two hundred years that the individuals lived in united statesa. or the 5 hundred 365 days conquest of Palestine by using Israelites and Judaens who they stole faraway from the Canaanites.