promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is highlighting your hair realy bad for it ?

ive highlighted my hair 2 times but thr roots have grown bake im a natural blonde but it goes darker in the winter i just put blonde highlights in it will it be okay one more time?do you have any bad experiences wit highlighting youre hair

9 Answers

Relevance
  • IMHO
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Nope. Mines always been fine.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Nancy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Highlighting does not harm your hair.

I have been getting mine done for over a year now. I also get darker in the winter (natural blond).

No bad experiences here.

I have it done every 2 or 3 months and they always put conditioner in my hair.

• Sara
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

As long as you aren't doing it more than once a month you are probably okay. The reason I don't like to do it is because the roots always look bad and it's hard to get a stylist who knows how to apply the highlights so they look natural.

• ajponu
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Don't do it to often, it will strip your hair of its' natural oils. Giving it that semi-dead look or frizziness. Use Infusium 23 leave-in treatment twice a day. Once in the morning after you shower and once before you go to bed for a week. It'll give it a nice soft and shiny look.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you highlight it a zillion times...if you highlight every 3 months or something then you're fine.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes dont highlight your hair 2 many times because it will break ur ends and ur hair will look really crapy also if u stop studdenly it will damage ur hair......and dont worry it will go blonde again in the summer

• shabo
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

try not to overlap the bleach from the hair that has grown out and deep condition it too

• 1 decade ago

if you use semi perminant dye then it might not be so bad

• 1 decade ago

ur a fa.g

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.