Is highlighting your hair realy bad for it ?

ive highlighted my hair 2 times but thr roots have grown bake im a natural blonde but it goes darker in the winter i just put blonde highlights in it will it be okay one more time?do you have any bad experiences wit highlighting youre hair

• IMHO
    Favorite Answer

Nope. Mines always been fine.

• Nancy

Highlighting does not harm your hair.

I have been getting mine done for over a year now. I also get darker in the winter (natural blond).

No bad experiences here.

I have it done every 2 or 3 months and they always put conditioner in my hair.

• Sara

As long as you aren't doing it more than once a month you are probably okay. The reason I don't like to do it is because the roots always look bad and it's hard to get a stylist who knows how to apply the highlights so they look natural.

• ajponu

Don't do it to often, it will strip your hair of its' natural oils. Giving it that semi-dead look or frizziness. Use Infusium 23 leave-in treatment twice a day. Once in the morning after you shower and once before you go to bed for a week. It'll give it a nice soft and shiny look.

If you highlight it a zillion times...if you highlight every 3 months or something then you're fine.

yes dont highlight your hair 2 many times because it will break ur ends and ur hair will look really crapy also if u stop studdenly it will damage ur hair......and dont worry it will go blonde again in the summer

• shabo

try not to overlap the bleach from the hair that has grown out and deep condition it too

if you use semi perminant dye then it might not be so bad

ur a fa.g