My son does not want to eat regular food no matter what is made. He is 12 months so I am worried.?

Eveyone thinks he should be eating solids which I am trying to do everyday. I have made chicken cutlets, turkey mash potatoes pasta, etc... I mash all up, so it is pureed. My son is spitting the food out like he is having a hard time with it. When I feed him the stage 3 jar foods, he devours the whole jar and a jar of vegatables. He is in the 70 percentile for weight, so I assume he is getting enough food between the jar foods and milk. Every few days I try and introduce solid food to him in hopes he will eventually begin to eat it. So many people are like, "I can't believe he is not eating real food." He just started to get his teeth at 11 months, so I am wondering if this would be the case. I am just concerned that he is not developing like a 1 year old should be since I feel like the only mom who's baby will not eats solids at the age of 1. Any suggestions of what I can do to get him to eat the solids?

Favorite Answer

Well, I don't really have any suggestions. I just wanted to tell you that my son does the same thing. He will not eat real food. He just turned two. I have a friend whose son ate baby food until he was almost 4. Apparently it is not that unusual. I just keep offering new foods and waiting. As long as weight is okay, you don't have to worry. I'm considering myself lucky. I open a jar and dinner is served for my son. Good Luck!

Maybe if you put some homemade food in a baby food jar, fake him into thinking he is getting what he is used to, once he tries it, he might like the taste.

Also, try having him eat at the table with you when you eat and offer him small bits off of your plate, he might like the thought of eating mommy's food.

If nothing works, don't worry, he will start to eat solids eventually.

If you are really worried, you will take him to the doctors.They are the only ones who can really tell you the answers you want to know and hear. If I were you, I would call the doctors as soon as possible. This could be serious. I would'nt take the chances. I have a 8 month old and whenever I see something not right, I call the doctor. Good Luck. Hopefully you will make the right decision.

Why do no longer you attempt filling his empty jars with your very own foodstuff (whilst he's not finding) , eat some from a jar your self and tell him it is so yummy you want a much bigger spoon yet that isn't bypass interior the jar and tip it onto a plate. Anythings relatively worth a attempt. If it is the only way he will eat it a minimum of you will no longer ought to purchase all those jars. good success.

He just likes the taste of the food that he was started on. I never fed my kids "baby food" for that reason. We prepared, puree'd, mashed regular table food and that is what mine were used to. I agree that adding sugar or just continuingwhat you are giving him. He is happy and will eventually become curious of the foods you are eating. Don't worry. He is a happy healthy child and obviously very loved.

Don’t be so worried mother … just let him eat what ever he feels like , but ya u can try with fruits , soup and so on…. and may be some doctor or mother can give some more good reply so may u have to wait a bit for the replies by then u don’t be worried and enjoy life with ur kid

Sounds like it may be a texture thing !!!

Try boiling potates and giving him SMALL chunks. Or boiled carrots. Cheerios. small chunks of boiled chicken. Make sure things are somewhat bland ... go easy on the spices. Even if he doesn't eat it, he's still working on his fine motor skills (pinching and picking up small items).

I disagree with the sugar idea.

Sounds like are doing fine ..... he's growing and healthy .....

Source(s): Mom to a texture kid !!!! Even 9 years later !!!

try plain food like:

white rice

pasta plain

but like u said it could be because he's teeth just came in

but check with the doctor just in case

I know it sound disgusto, but try adding sugar to his food. My sister ate that for months, and grew up fine. She just hated non-sweet food!

first dont worry what other people say...your baby develops at HIS own pace:).....he will eat table foods when HE is ready.if your dr; isnt concerned,then dont worry.if he loves the stage 3....then dont change anything!