I have 2 windows systems, One says no audio device, but it use to have sound. The other still has sound.?

I have taken it to several local places but they say things like bring the disk for the motherboard. It is a second hand computer my brother brought to me and I don't have discs.

Does anybody know how I can get the sound back?

Favorite Answer

dunno what anwar was thinking bout with avga card,thats for graphics,this is an audio prob. look under windows,and go to the system properties menu. you should find a little tab under your audio device for troubleshooting,and also for "use this device" if the sound card was shut off,the windows wont start it,also look on the motherboard if it has onboard audio for any incorrect jumper settings. sometimes poorly written software will turn off your audio,or a virus will. i had that happen to me before and i found it changed my settings

have u got the audio driver disk. u may need to reinstall the software required on ure motherboard so it recgognises your sound card. You can normally tell if its installed or not because there should be a speaker icon next to the clock on the task bar.

cheers.

if u havent got the disk but u know the make of ure motherboard search for the audio driver on google or something. like Epox Drivers or something....

If the sound problems occur intermittently, there could be a interrupt conflict problem. Uninstall the audio and sound drivers and restart the computer. The computer will automatically reinstall the required drivers and the problem will be resolved. For more information you can check the following site: http://fixit.in/sound.html I find the information givenin the site is more useful

Search for the right drivers online if you dont have the disc. You find drivers at driver.com. Without drivers its impossible

you need need to install the VGA card ,if its not working you need to format your computer its the best if you have some other problems

all u gotta do it install a new sound card to it