funalice69 asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

Who is the best MMA fighter ever?

I just say my first UFC fight (Ortiz v. Liddell 2) last night and I loved it.

Favorite Answer

Did you want an Answer lb for lb or overall, this is what you need to look at. Try watching Pride and UFC, or any other MMA promotion for that matter. Search Youtube and Google video for fights and highlights of different fighters.

Go on the following websites to find out more about the sport.

www.sherdog.com

www.cagewarriors.com

Each promotion has fighters that are top of their tree and some that are not.

Watch things for yourself and make up your own mind who you think is the best fighter try and watch as many of their fights as you can and then make that decision, you will then find that very hard. Every fighter has a different talent and is good is certain areas then lacks in others. The sporty is Growing by the second and there are more and more fighters breaking into the ranks.

Guys to look out for in UFC Current and past

Randy Coteure,Chuck Liddell,Andre Alovski,Matt Hughes,Frank Shammrock,Royce Gracie,BJ Penn,GSP are to name but a few.

Pride.

Quinten Rampage Jackson,Wanderlei Silva,Rickson Gracie,Sakuraba,Fedor Elimenko,Gary Goodridge,Mark Coleman,Mark Hunt,

Put any of these names ito www.youtube.com and you will find videos to watch, also use the tags MMA, UFC, PRIDE and videos will come up.

I hope this helps and that you enjoy the New world that has opened to you of MMA.

Happy New Year.

Fedor Emalianenko-when are you Americanizaed MMA fans going to check out a Pride event. Chuck Liddell is an awesome UFC fighter not a world class fighter.

The "Iceman" Chuck Liddell! The best Light Heavy-Weight Champion of all time.

Source(s): Just watch him fight.

here is my list...watch them on youtube.com

genki sudo (unorthodox style i love it!)

sakuraba (beat the crap out of 5 gracies, ken shamrock during his prime and many more)

fedor emelianko (current best heavyweight now and for a long time!)

buakaw (awesome muay thai fighter)

i dont think there are any good fighters in the UFC except Anderson Silva, In my humble opinion UFC lacks excitement and fighting styles, i guess what im trying to say is i hate watching 2 guys dry hump and hug each other.

My favorite is Tito, but even I know that he is not the best. And I definitely do not think Liddell is, he isn't well-rounded enough. I hear that this Cro Cop guy is supposed to be the best, but I haven't seen him fight yet.

Fedor beats chuck, chucks an awesome fighter but he's not a heavy weight

Bruce Lee, the godfather of MMA (Jeet Kune Do) and the baddest mofo ever.

YOU SAW HIM FIGHT LAST NIGHT THEN. MY HOMETOWN BOY CHUCK LIDDELL IS A LEGEND AMONG LEGENDS.

Two words: Ken Shamrock

Source(s): My eyes!
  • Chuck Liddell

Ortiz has no chance against Chuck, so he might as well not show up @ his matches against Chuck